Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm new to the club and I own a 03 Lexus IS300 SportDesign (Canadian Model). We Canadian's did not get the black headlight or tailight housings on our SportDesign edition and was looking into getting them. I have seen a couple pass through eBay, however I know that you can order them directly from the dealer. Would anyone happen to know what the part numbers are? I know the is300.net store sells them, but I'm not sure if the price is overinflated.

Here's an eBay listing which had a set for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33710&item=2445270562

Thanks,

Is300fever[/url]

·
Registered
589 Posts
I just won that auction :D I'm not sure if I paid to much for them or not but I like them. The dealer wants twice as much for them. PM LCA575 and see what he can do for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow

I was quoted about $800US each headlight from Carson Toyota. But that was for the whole assembly (w/housings, hid components, etc...). Perhaps you can pass along the part #s once you receive it from your seller. Supposidly the housings alone go for about $250US according to the part numbers for the non sportdesign models.

Let us know!

Thanks,

is300fever

·
Registered
589 Posts
The part # I have on the box is not the correct #. Like I said the best thing to do is talk to LCA575. Just pm him

·
Founder
8,520 Posts
Re: *IS300 SportDesign Black Chrome Headlight Housing Part #

is300fever said:
I know the is300.net store sells them, but I'm not sure if the price is overinflated.[/url]
Our price is accurate, and very discounted over the dealer price. They are so expensive because it's the entire headlight assembly. Unlike other version of the headlights, the SD housings are not avaialable separately. Who knows why...

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Are you guys looking for 2004 Headlights or Sportdesign headlights? They are not the same. The 2004 are just darker and smoked while the SD's are darker with a purplish tint.

·
8,827 Posts
^^^^
.Net store sells SD headlights, which indeed are different from 2004 ones.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
headlight housings

For everyone's information, I have confirmed with both Lexus of Bellevue and Lexus of Seattle that the SportDesign headlight is offered only as a complete assembly, not seperately as a lens/headlight housing. The part numbers for the left and right headlights are as follows:

8115-53100 (Left Headlight Assembly)
8110-53100 (Right Headlight Assembly)

The best price I have gotten for each unit is approximately $880US.

Hope this helps for people who have had similar questions.

IS300Fever

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Re: eBay auction w/SD headlamps

is300fever said:
Hey guys,

Wow... I just found this auction on eBay for the SD headlamps. OMG its going for a STEAL and a half.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2464108598

Later,

IS300Fever
Buyer Beware...

Two of those pics and the entire description is from my auction :-?

He has really good feedback so it may be totally legit.

I can't believe they are going for that much!

If anyone wants the Sportdesign lights I can paint your stock lights (and fogs) simulate the Black Chrome look for a more reasonable price.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
I was about to say, those pics look like Justin's, not factory...

Justin's look better too...

I'll be sending mine to you one of these days...I bought tail lights from 2JZ, with the crack, need to send to you to repair.... :wink:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.