Lexus IS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Good words of wisdom. I'll take it one step at a time and try to destress :)

For now, I can finish up my gauges, BOV vacuum hose, battery relocation, etc. and get as "prepped" as possible for when I do get the correct combination of parts :)

Thx as always for the support

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Gauges are fully set up and battery relocation is now secured. Also am in the process of selling my 3 cats. The local cat buyers are in a bidding war at $500 and rising!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Cats sold for $675. Holy crap.
😳 I’ve got mine. Sitting on a gold mine!
How many miles yours have @Brucey B ?

Always getting stolen over here in Cali
Yeah I see all the methods people have to go through to keep from getting the cats stolen. Like DIY rebar cages and chains around the cats. I like to look at jrits on Reddit. Some crazyness out there!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
😳 I’ve got mine. Sitting on a gold mine!
How many miles yours have @Brucey B ?

Yeah I see all the methods people have to go through to keep from getting the cats stolen. Like DIY rebar cages and chains around the cats. I like to look at jrits on Reddit. Some crazyness out there!
~119k

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
that's what I'm afraid of. Seems like it could be super easy to get scammed. What, they just showed up, gave you over $600 cash and took the stuff no problems?

Pretty much. They said 675 in the bidding war but tried to talk me down when we met in person. He stuck a stick in the cat and tried to tell me some of it was missing.

I had already driven like 35 minutes so I was happy to accept 600 instead of coming home empty handed.

It was a pretty rough part of town and the buyer was a little sketchy, so I brought my glock just in case :p

There's always a risk of scam, but I think it's overblown. Trust in the good of people <3 (says the guy who brought a pistol) rofl

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
---

Waiting on the replacement exhaust manifold from XS power. They say it'll ship from China any day now. (At least I got a tracking number)

--

Decision Time:

Do I run the big turbo (maybe with a sandwich plate on the turbo flange), or do I maybe get a borg 257SXE? Maybe something else that's really efficient?

Either way, I'll have to wait for the new manifold.

·
Registered
788 Posts
---

Waiting on the replacement exhaust manifold from XS power. They say it'll ship from China any day now. (At least I got a tracking number)

--

Decision Time:

Do I run the big turbo (maybe with a sandwich plate on the turbo flange), or do I maybe get a borg 257SXE? Maybe something else that's really efficient?

Either way, I'll have to wait for the new manifold.
I'm going to assume you are running a T4 turbo. If you want a turbo that spools early and fast in the lower RPMs, go with a 5858 with a .64AR for the quick spool but given with small turbos, you lose out on top end. Bigger turbos with larger ARs, you lose out on low end but gain up high (Freeway Monsters). It really depends on what you plan to do with the car and where you want to spend the time in boost.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
I'm going to assume you are running a T4 turbo. If you want a turbo that spools early and fast in the lower RPMs, go with a 5858 with a .64AR for the quick spool but given with small turbos, you lose out on top end. Bigger turbos with larger ARs, you lose out on low end but gain up high (Freeway Monsters). It really depends on what you plan to do with the car and where you want to spend the time in boost.
Makes sense. I think I'm leaning towards a smaller turbo because I'll be doing mostly city driving. I want to get UP to speed quickly, but dont want to ever break ~90mph or so.

If you have any suggestions on the best budget small turbo, send them my way!

Thx

·
Registered
788 Posts
Just so you know, when I say up high, I meant in higher RPM range, not speed :). GTX3076r, 60-1, Precision 5858 are a few that would fall into the quick spooling turbos good for city driving.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Derp. Makes sense. Still would rather a quick spool than something smacking me in the face at 5k

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,373 Posts

Not a bad price for this turbo.

·
Registered
665 Posts

Not a bad price for this turbo.
Twin scroll though, I haven't read through this thread enough to know if he's running that type of manifold.

Edit...I see it is a twin scroll that he has. Twin wastegates it is then...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Twin scroll though, I haven't read through this thread enough to know if he's running that type of manifold.

Edit...I see it is a twin scroll that he has. Twin wastegates it is then...
I think he will be running the correct manifold? Actually didn’t double check that. If not then please disregard.

Soon I will have this one

141 - 160 of 161 Posts