Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I had to use some RTV in the groove to get mine to seal as it miss matched a little.... can you get bright blue RTV...? :LOL:

Nice to see it all coming along step by step, progress is progress. Your partner must be quite forgiving, so far most photos are on or near the carpet. Not sure mine would be impressed with car parts in the house or near the carpet ;)

She was not happy about the aerosols in the house, but she's wonderfully forgiving :)

--

Just finished up the spark and valve job. The car was SMOKING for about 15 minutes from the headers, but I imagine that has to do with the half can of degreaser I poured all over it.

Seems to be running fine now. Still holding my breath.

Ecu arrives tomorrow. The saga continues.

This was a great little project to get my hands dirty and get me acquainted with my engine

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
It plugs up great and everything runs fine with all electronic functions working.

I'm going to mount the ecu inside the car today. Any recommendations for mounting location inside the cabin?

Thx all

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yeah, go in the dash if you can. My Infinity is under the driver’s seat and I don’t love it there. I guess it’s OK now but that sucked taking the seat out to add a wire every time I added or changed something.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts