Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I <3 u all. Awesome folks. I just got it off amazon basic 1/8npt to 6an male 90

And the bulkhead fitting for the fuel return:

Got the FPR finalized today and it was leaking like crazy, but I was able to identify and fix them all.

I took the car for a drive and it was acting funky and jerking around... then I realized I didn't set my fuel pressure (lol...)

Cranked it up to 45 and everything is great. Car feels very responsive when I give it throttle... maybe it's just the placebo effect..

Overall I'm happy. The AEM FIC and boomslang will be shipping on Monday.

I also talked to the XS power turbo kit people and they're gonna help me get intercooler piping.

It's coming together!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Where were you able to get the FIC from? It’s the FI/C-6 right? Thought they were discontinued.

I scoured the internet every day for a month and found a private seller.

Yes it's the FIC6.

Time for me to do some research on the software. I'm hoping I can plug it all up and intuitively learn it, but something tells me that's not gonna be the case.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,203 Posts
I scoured the internet every day for a month and found a private seller.

Yes it's the FIC6.

Time for me to do some research on the software. I'm hoping I can plug it all up and intuitively learn it, but something tells me that's not gonna be the case.
Damn. Was it on eBay? I really have been looking for the same one. It should be easy to hookup and use. Does he have another one lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Damn. Was it on eBay? I really have been looking for the same one. It should be easy to hookup and use. Does he have another one lol.

No this was just a random guy who had one.
I DID see a FIC6 for sale for like 250 on Facebook marketplace. No boomslang tho

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

$250 for a FIC -- looks like it's in great condition. Pounce now! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
My main concern is the transmission, have you made any plans or thoughts on what you want to do with the trans when you get to the 400hp point?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
My main concern is the transmission, have you made any plans or thoughts on what you want to do with the trans when you get to the 400hp point?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
No I was thinking about keeping it in the 375 range for some time. I am hoping it'll hold up under that power.

If it blows, I'd definitely do a manual swap. Do you recommend a specific tranny that's cheap and holds power?

My friend who is very experienced was also scared about the trans.

·
3,699 Posts
No I was thinking about keeping it in the 375 range for some time. I am hoping it'll hold up under that power.

If it blows, I'd definitely do a manual swap. Do you recommend a specific tranny that's cheap and holds power?

My friend who is very experienced was also scared about the trans.
Shim the accumulators it will hold if it is in good shape.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,203 Posts

$250 for a FIC -- looks like it's in great condition. Pounce now! :)
I don’t use FB. Does that guy have a phone number listed? Anyway to get that information? Thanks again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So I've been working with xs power to get a proper intercooler piping kit. It will probably take 2 more weeks to get all of the parts.

Sent the AEM FIC seller money via pay pal, but am waiting for the transaction to go thru.
--

I've been experiencing an issue with my MPG... it's nearly cut in half since installing my FPR. There are zero leaks in the system, but my cabin does smell a bit like gas...

Perhaps it's because I was missing an o ring in my fuel pump assembly? If you have any troubleshooting thoughts, please share.

Also I'm not 100% sure how the exhaust system works from the down pipe to the muffler.

Will I need to get a piece of 3 inch pipe custom fabricated, or are there pre made kits that I can just bolt on?

Thx

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,203 Posts
The downpipe should mate to the catback portion of the stock exhaust if that kit is designed that way. If it isn’t, you will need to have a 3” system made up to a 3” muffler if your choice OR look for an aftermarket catback system that is 3”

As far as MPG, what o rings are you talking about? Fuel smell could be a leaking fitting at your new bulkhead fitting. Or it isn’t sealed as well as you might think.

You MPG is probably suffering because you now have a much larger pump in there now. Pretty sure the stock pump is ~110lph. You make have a 340lph pump that’s still receiving the same varying ECU voltage demands which is delivering FAR more fuel to the injectors regardless of the pressure you have it set at. More fuel is making its way into the cylinders.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The downpipe should mate to the catback portion of the stock exhaust if that kit is designed that way. If it isn’t, you will need to have a 3” system made up to a 3” muffler if your choice OR look for an aftermarket catback system that is 3”

As far as MPG, what o rings are you talking about? Fuel smell could be a leaking fitting at your new bulkhead fitting. Or it isn’t sealed as well as you might think.

You MPG is probably suffering because you now have a much larger pump in there now. Pretty sure the stock pump is ~110lph. You make have a 340lph pump that’s still receiving the same varying ECU voltage demands which is delivering FAR more fuel to the injectors regardless of the pressure you have it set at. More fuel is making its way into the cylinders.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

I suppose I can monitor my afrs once I get a gauge or the ECU in. Hopefully its just running rich and I can tune it out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I don’t think that missing o ring would cause fuel smell. Either that bulkhead fitting isn’t sealing 100% or your car is running rich.
It's bearable right now. I'll wait for the ecu to come in and log my AFRs. If it's not running rich, I'll take another look at the bulkhead and epoxy it. Thanks as always bud. Ur support is so helpful

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
You also mentioned earlier that the fitting on top of the pump for the return is just threaded straight in, is it possible its leaking fuel under pressure? Could be a fuel leak at the pump causing the smell and bad MPG.

I would have thought the OEM ECU would have measured the excessive o2 readings and either "learned" and adjusted the injector pulse or given a cel?

21 - 40 of 68 Posts