Lexus IS Forum banner
201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
Electrical wiring Automotive air manifold Automotive exhaust Electrical supply Auto part

This, but the bitches are still leaking.

I swear the brake lines are harder than the turbo build. They're the only thing holding me up from being finished on the build.

Going to suck it up and get chase bays kit and have it professionally done :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
I suspected that was what you were up to.

I believe Chase Bays only offers an ABS delete line kit. Finishing Lines offers an ABS block relocation kit: IS300 ABS Relocation Kit

Another concept is to simply have a local BrakeQuip dealer (or similar) make the flexible lines. My BrakeQuip dealer only wants $150 to make all 6.

Also, I bought one of these flaring tools a few years ago, and it's been a HUGE gamechanger for me. Does a beautiful job on any line, even stainless:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Where is it leaking from? I am guessing from those brass joiners as i doubt they would have proper seats in the bottom for the lines to seal against.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
I suspected that was what you were up to.

I believe Chase Bays only offers an ABS delete line kit. Finishing Lines offers an ABS block relocation kit: IS300 ABS Relocation Kit

Another concept is to simply have a local BrakeQuip dealer (or similar) make the flexible lines. My BrakeQuip dealer only wants $150 to make all 6.

Also, I bought one of these flaring tools a few years ago, and it's been a HUGE gamechanger for me. Does a beautiful job on any line, even stainless:

That's really good information bro. Thank you!

I'm just torn between trying to give it another shot vs letting a shop get my brakes straight...

Leaning towards the latter

·
Registered
548 Posts
Where is it leaking from? I am guessing from those brass joiners as i doubt they would have proper seats in the bottom for the lines to seal against.
They're inverted flare brake unions, designed to couple two 3/16" brake lines that each have a 45º double flare on the end. It's the right part, my guess would be he didn't manage to create a sweet flare on the existing hard lines in situ in the car... Using the typical flaring tool (with the clamshell clamp to get ahold of the line) is often a huge pain when the line is thoroughly attached to the car.

I call the mastercool flaring tool I mentioned above a "magic wand". It fits into a lot of spaces the typical tools won't, and is actuated by a hydraulic ram, so its pretty effortless.

·
Registered
846 Posts
... Everywhere ...

Lines have defeated me
Look up Finishing Lines and buy those. I have those and they work perfectly with no leak. You have no unions like how you have it so less chance to leak. For union break lines, if believe you need flare ends to help it not leak.

·
Registered
548 Posts
If you look at the pictures of Finishing Lines kit, you'll notice the hoses say "BQUSA"

Then go to BrakeQuip's website and notice their hoses say "BQUSA" on them...

All Finishing Lines does is provide BrakeQuip with the lengths the 6 hoses need to be. Perhaps that's worth an extra $200 to you, perhaps not.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Look up Finishing Lines and buy those. I have those and they work perfectly with no leak. You have no unions like how you have it so less chance to leak. For union break lines, if believe you need flare ends to help it not leak.
Funny enough I bought these on Friday. When the arrive I'll be sure to install and do pics.

Are there good instructions (or any instructions) for how to install them?

If it's easy I'll do it. If not, I'll pay a shop a few hours of labor to get my car pumping again

·
Registered
846 Posts
Funny enough I bought these on Friday. When the arrive I'll be sure to install and do pics.

If it's easy I'll do it. If not, I'll pay a shop a few hours of labor to get my car pumping again
Super easy. The lines come labeled for front and rears. I installed them in about 2hrs because I had to pull the metal lines out. These are hard lines so you have flexibility in them to adjust for mounting purposes.

·
Registered
846 Posts
If you look at the pictures of Finishing Lines kit, you'll notice the hoses say "BQUSA"

Then go to BrakeQuip's website and notice their hoses say "BQUSA" on them...

All Finishing Lines does is provide BrakeQuip with the lengths the 6 hoses need to be. Perhaps that's worth an extra $200 to you, perhaps not.
I never noticed that...does BrakeQuip come preflared already or do you still have to do it yourself?

·
Registered
548 Posts

How about measuring the hose length of each one (not including fittings) and post up for the other schmucks that come after you??

I never noticed that...does BrakeQuip come preflared already or do you still have to do it yourself?
A dealer uses the proprietary crimp dies and tooling to assemble the custom lines. You choose from a selection of various fittings they have available. Voila, custom brake lines. They also do power steering.

·
Registered
846 Posts
How about measuring the hose length of each one (not including fittings) and post up for the other schmucks that come after you??

A dealer uses the proprietary crimp dies and tooling to assemble the custom lines. You choose from a selection of various fittings they have available. Voila, custom brake lines. They also do power steering.
lol nice, well too late now for the brake lines for me

201 - 215 of 215 Posts