Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this happen to you people, but my IS300 smells really nasty (like [email protected]) every time I floor the gas for acceleration. I mean... I notice the smell when I pull over and park after accelerating. Are you experiencing this or did my IS300 just had too much bean & premium gas?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Chromoplast,
Don't worry, mine does that too. It happens because the car is eating up so much gas when you floor the accelerator and the aftermath of the wasted gas is like us humans: fart, gas, rotten egg smell, whatever you want to call it. It's all normal.

Kenneth

·
Registered
79 Posts
I thought the rotten egg smell was a problem with the catalytic converter.
BTW: I have "Gotten all up on it" several times, in fact my gas mileage for 1 take has bee as low as 15 mpg. Ive never had that sort of smell.

·
Registered
571 Posts
is your car still pretty new?

I know when I installed new exhaust systems, there is always a nasty smell for the first two weeks, and this is because of the coating inside the pipes...not fully cured yet. It should go away, but if not, add cologne to your gas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.