Lexus IS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Love the build, but i am struggling with the need for a billet flexiplate, maybe you can explain what s so special about it?

I see the ring gear outer is welded on so not part of the billet, is it just to have the hub and plate made of one piece for extra strength? Do the OEM ones let go? :unsure:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Love the build, but i am struggling with the need for a billet flexiplate, maybe you can explain what s so special about it?

I see the ring gear outer is welded on so not part of the billet, is it just to have the hub and plate made of one piece for extra strength? Do the OEM ones let go? :unsure:
If you go better Box and bigger converter you will need a stronger flex or OEM will snap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
2 Questions. What ECU or TCU are you shifting with? Do you have e-shift still and how did you get to work?
Haltech elite 2000 with Doomslang harness. Since I’m going with the Aristo TT A340e I’m also installing MV A340e Shifter. The A340e is Not installed yet bout should be done next week. For now I’m using Shimmed A650 without auto control thus I’m using it manually. I had to get it wired it but after the new box going in not going to. MV shifter will do.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I believe he is a BALLER and has so much money that he should give me some lol. I think he is using a Haltech.
I wish man, I worked my ass of for this car and the built cost me an arm and leg and 12months of saving up monthly and paying for the mods as I moved along.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,944 Posts
Guys have yous heard of PnP powerFc for our cars?

Yes, power FC is old. Has been around for at least 20 years now. However I don’t think there is a version that will run the 2JZ. I think it was only able to run the 3S engine which is a 4 cylinder. Not sure if it can be made to work with the 2JZ.

·
4,894 Posts
I bought the Yellow Altezza cluster and I know this has been covered, but my issue isn’t there. My car is an 03 so it’s “plug and play” how ever I don’t have illumination i thought that only happens if it’s an 01!!!!
I’ve ordered the Dekota box and oil pressure sender as well.

Oil pressure just run a new wire. Yeah the Dakota box for KM to Miles. As long as it came out of a 2002 to 2005. Everything else is the same.

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
10,042 Posts
Wait so I won’t need Dakota box or oil pressure sender? I got it to work the dimmer was all the way down

The Dakota box is only used to convert from km/h to mph. The oil pressure sender is to get the top center gauge to work instead of being down on L. Glad you got it working simply! lol

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Haha I have a Solara in pearl white - love it! So good when it’s clean. These cars are timeless with that body kit. That digital altezza cluster has always intrigued me. If they were cheaper I would take the digital portion out and try to put it into a USDM IS300 cluster. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that done before. May not even be possible?

41 - 60 of 68 Posts