Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that Lexus went with suede on it's leather seating surface? I havn't had a chance to look at it in person, but if it looks and feels as ugly as the pictures, they really screwed up...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Those pictures you saw.....was it printed on glossy paper???? How can you 'feel' the materials from the picture????

You really have to see it in person before you can make a judgement.

If you're expecting full leather no matter what, then obviously you won't like it......

·
Registered
242 Posts
I dis'd the Escaine when I first saw it. Lexus' line about reducing driver slip versus full leather sounded bogus to me - put better side bolsters on the seats!

But I got over it. In fact, since I expect the Escaine to wear very well, I decided I actually like it, perhaps better than my wife's full leather RX seats. It is cool in the summer and likely warm in the winter (or as close as we get to winter in So. Cal.!). And it does keep yer butt from sliding around...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah, Lexus put the Escaine (fake suede) on the IS seats but I do like them alot. Definitely stays cooler than leather and won't crack like leather does. How it does wear over the years is of course still up in the air but the Escaine does work nicely and looks good, too.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I had cloth on my old MR2. Remember those bright blue stock seats that matched the bright/light blue paint? They wore extremely well and were easy to keep clean. On that basis I expect the Escaine to do the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts