Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there currently a kit i can get to get the rev limit up? or how might one get their displacement up??

·
Registered
102 Posts
to get the rev limiter up you will have to add the Greddy E-manage Ultimate and tune it... or go with a standalone... the only two way i know

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wouldn't there be any internal part i would need to replace for the added pressure? like head studs?

·
Registered
8 Posts
to safely increase the rpm limit any any motor your gonna have to take the head apart and change the valves and valve springs, otherwise you may end up with a costly repair bill when that spring breaks and drops that valve into a piston, its also wise to change cams when your upping the rpm range, cause otherwise your not gonna gain much if any power from just increasing the capabilities to go higher in the rpm range.

just a heads up, as for adding displacement, there are stroker kits available, from who i don't recall atm.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
to safely increase the rpm limit any any motor your gonna have to take the head apart and change the valves and valve springs, otherwise you may end up with a costly repair bill when that spring breaks and drops that valve into a piston, its also wise to change cams when your upping the rpm range, cause otherwise your not gonna gain much if any power from just increasing the capabilities to go higher in the rpm range.

just a heads up, as for adding displacement, there are stroker kits available, from who i don't recall atm.
people have been safely revving to 7200 rpm and even 7500 rpm, even on boost. above that, you need some valvetrain work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts