Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted Lexus and they told me there exists this 2 volume repair manual for the IS300. The rep. asked me to contact my dealership for the price. I did. It's $162.00 CDN per volume! Did a search for this on the net to see if I can scam a soft copy off some website but obviously no luck. Any suggestions from anyone on how to get this cheap?

·
8,852 Posts
Don't think that will help much
Lexus.com said:
The repair manual for IS300 written in English, may be
purchased as applicable from any Lexus dealer.
Pub. Name: 2003 IS300 Repair Manual
Pub. No.: Vol.1 RM980U1
Vol.2 RM980U2
I wonder if there is a way to get it from a different source knowing the Pub No?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
There was both volumes on ebay a couple of weeks ago for like $150.00 I think. I guess that won't help you much now, but just to give you a heads up that they are floating around out there. I am also thinking about purchasing them.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
If you go on ebay right now they have both of them for sale. The bid is at $145.00

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I've got soft copies of everything. It cost me a pretty penny to get it all. Here's what I have:

Collision Repair:
Collison Repair Manual
CRIB Bulletins
Wire Harness Repair Manual

Reference Material
Technial Training Guide (the actual book the tech's use)
Technicians refrence (the tech's shop book it looks like)
Dealer Model Refrences
Owner's Manual

Repair Information
ATM Unit Repair
New Car Features
Repair Manual (All 2000 some odd pages!!)
Service Bulletins (Some interesting info on all that squeaky tranny crap)
Wiring Diagrams (What I am using to make a heated seat controller and another cool device)

Total of about 130MB all PDF. The quality is perfect from Lexus. I am working on indexing the big books. I got the damn things sent to me each f'ing page their own file and that just sucks (not what i was expecting).

Well let me know. I'm sure I will be done indexing them and combining PDF's in a few days here. I would sell my service of combining your files for $8 a copy (if you get my drift) lol!

·
Threadlocker
8,046 Posts
k-lo said:
I've got soft copies of everything. It cost me a pretty penny to get it all. Here's what I have:

Collision Repair:
Collison Repair Manual
CRIB Bulletins
Wire Harness Repair Manual

Reference Material
Technial Training Guide (the actual book the tech's use)
Technicians refrence (the tech's shop book it looks like)
Dealer Model Refrences
Owner's Manual

Repair Information
ATM Unit Repair
New Car Features
Repair Manual (All 2000 some odd pages!!)
Service Bulletins (Some interesting info on all that squeaky tranny crap)
Wiring Diagrams (What I am using to make a heated seat controller and another cool device)

Total of about 130MB all PDF. The quality is perfect from Lexus. I am working on indexing the big books. I got the damn things sent to me each f'ing page their own file and that just sucks (not what i was expecting).

Well let me know. I'm sure I will be done indexing them and combining PDF's in a few days here. I would sell my service of combining your files for $8 a copy (if you get my drift) lol!
you must have the same service manual cd i got. i'm sure the real dealership computers have the indexes to the files.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
irv_usc said:
you must have the same service manual cd i got. i'm sure the real dealership computers have the indexes to the files.
It might be. It's strange though becuase there are internal links to other pages of the manuals, and in mine it appears to be the structure of a website. Either way, after I'm done I'll be happy with it. I may go use the universities printers and get myself a hard copy too! :lol:

·
8,852 Posts
Would someone that has it, mind sharing it? :-? :D
I'm sure our community would appreciate it! 8)
We have a few people here that can host it.

·
8,852 Posts
isekii said:
can someone host the entire 130mb ?
Host or provide?
There are a few people that can host it.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
ISthree00 said:
vlad_a said:
isekii said:
can someone host the entire 130mb ?
Host or provide?
There are a few people that can host it.
^^ Bump. Fat chance but anyone willing to provide it? :-?
here's an idea. share that .pdf file through Kazaa or Kazaalite. Change the file name to something.

example: launam003si <-- Opposite of is30manual

.net members can run a search in the Kazaalite network with this file name and then we can download it...

·
8,852 Posts
^^^^
Why bother if it can be hosted directly?
BTW, I don't use kazaa - it eats too much system resources.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.