Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what I should expect to pay for a fully loaded IS-300? This will be my first new car, so I'm a bit inexperienced with the process. I went to kbb.com and noticed that the invoice price was about 31k loaded. When I went to the dealer and casually asked what the base model I was looking at was going for, he said 31k. I'm assuming there are ways to get closer to that invoice price. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, any tips on car loans with "less-than-perfect-credit"? I can afford the payments, but screwed my credit about 4 years ago when I was 18. Any help would be great, thanks.

<WISHFUL THINKING>
silver/black
17"
</WISHFUL THINKING>

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Howdy,
I'm in your boat as well. I'm looking for my first car out of grad school, with no real credit. Anyway, the IS's in my area are going for $33k-35k with slight discounting according to the dealer. All I know is that you're in control of the whole process, not the salesman or dealer. You have the authority to accept the deal or walk away. Walk in with a reasonable price in mind you'd expect to pay and don't budge. If they need a sale they'll contact you soon. Good Luck!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just my experience... I think you'll find the Lexus dealers a little less than willing to bargain with you on price for the IS300. Reason being that they can't seem to keep them in stock in SJ. Maybe an auto broker or carsdirect.com can offer you a better price? Good luck.

·
Registered
703 Posts
go to sacramento of lexus and say lin sent u here.... he will hook you up... got the car for 36,500 out the door fully loaded... what a great deal.. most peeps get it around 38 for a fully loaded...

·
Registered
509 Posts
hi. i am from canada.. and just a question. u said 36000 US.. rite?
just wondering.. does that include all tax ( luxury tax and etc) ??
or is it tax excluded??

coz if its 36500 US with tax included..
then its hella cheap compared to the ones in here then.. for a fully loaded..
the one for fully loaded.. is about 55500 with tax inc. which is about 38000 US..
so..
btw.. whats the exchange rate anyway?
i calculated in 1: 1.45

1 - 5 of 5 Posts