Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all of the posts praising the virtues of the BMW 3-series or some other car over and above that of the IS300, I find it hard to believe that any individual would notice a .3 sec difference in getting to 60mph, or a slight difference in lateral g's. I have owned BMWs, Audis, and Saabs before the IS, and while all are great cars with their own unique "brand" personalities, in everyday, real world driving the performance of the IS is outstanding and quite satisfying. I have read posts on other boards referencing the C&D comparison in 01-01 issue and again the apples to apples argument becomes relevant. All of these evaluations are "subjective". It is funny that while on the BMW sites and forums I don't see Lexus people constantly putting down BMWs or making wacky claims of performance. All of these cars are outstanding in their own right, but go on the BMW boards if that is what you want to write about. Lets discuss the capabilities and/or shortcomings of the IS300 at this site so we can all better appreciate our cars.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Great post. It's funny how people come on this site are swear up and down that we think the IS is all of that and a bag of chips and we're snobs, but you're right. I never see an IS owner on another cars site talking trash.
Originally posted by JAWS:
With all of the posts praising the virtues of the BMW 3-series or some other car over and above that of the IS300, I find it hard to believe that any individual would notice a .3 sec difference in getting to 60mph, or a slight difference in lateral g's. I have owned BMWs, Audis, and Saabs before the IS, and while all are great cars with their own unique "brand" personalities, in everyday, real world driving the performance of the IS is outstanding and quite satisfying. I have read posts on other boards referencing the C&D comparison in 01-01 issue and again the apples to apples argument becomes relevant. All of these evaluations are "subjective". It is funny that while on the BMW sites and forums I don't see Lexus people constantly putting down BMWs or making wacky claims of performance. All of these cars are outstanding in their own right, but go on the BMW boards if that is what you want to write about. Lets discuss the capabilities and/or shortcomings of the IS300 at this site so we can all better appreciate our cars.

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts