Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(ive asked this somewhere else before but looking for more opinions/answers)
Currently have a stock Toyota Altezza Gita (2JZ VVTi), and here in NZ it's not the easiest place to find parts for a 2J altezza, as most have the beams or 3sge, but the US market has a ton of is300 parts online. What sort of parts are not interchangeable from the two? Only difference I have picked up so far is that the steering column and battery are swapped. I'm not looking to do anything major yet, just an intake and full exhaust. Thanks in advance :)

Oh and also are there special parts for the is300 vs sportback?
beginner car guy here sorry

ive heard that is300 headers might interfere with the RHD steering on my car?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yay, you made it over fellow kiwi :)

Not too sure how many will know of the differences between the Altezza and IS platforms, but i do know the running gear it pretty much identical. I have bought a few mostly maintenance things from the US sites like Rockauto.com and they are the same and fit fine. Differences that i have seen are mostly with the spec available, i haven't seen Altezza's with cruise control, for example, but it seems a common option in the US. Also i know seeing the options i have in mu ECU via techstream are a little different to the US spec, but nothing major. Altezza's have the indicator lights on the front fenders where US apparently do not. Also there are a few fender panel mounting differences, which i can only assume is a slightly different safety spec though not sure what.

However i would assume the go fast bits are all interchangeable, as mentioned the only bits im not sure about is clearance of any headers to the steering knuckle seeing as ours are RHD. I did look into getting headers many moons ago for mine, i think i ended up looking at local suppliers mostly (maybe rage/autobend/pacemaker?), though if you can find one from the UK might be a go as they are RHD also. Even if a set are bought from the US by the time you get them sent back down-under they start getting a little pricey. Intakes should be all good either way though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yay, you made it over fellow kiwi :)

Not too sure how many will know of the differences between the Altezza and IS platforms, but i do know the running gear it pretty much identical. I have bought a few mostly maintenance things from the US sites like Rockauto.com and they are the same and fit fine. Differences that i have seen are mostly with the spec available, i haven't seen Altezza's with cruise control, for example, but it seems a common option in the US. Also i know seeing the options i have in mu ECU via techstream are a little different to the US spec, but nothing major. Altezza's have the indicator lights on the front fenders where US apparently do not. Also there are a few fender panel mounting differences, which i can only assume is a slightly different safety spec though not sure what.

However i would assume the go fast bits are all interchangeable, as mentioned the only bits im not sure about is clearance of any headers to the steering knuckle seeing as ours are RHD. I did look into getting headers many moons ago for mine, i think i ended up looking at local suppliers mostly (maybe rage/autobend/pacemaker?), though if you can find one from the UK might be a go as they are RHD also. Even if a set are bought from the US by the time you get them sent back down-under they start getting a little pricey. Intakes should be all good either way though.
fantastic reply brother many thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts