Lexus IS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Anyone have the cross over to toyota parts for the clutch...
Or asking it another way does the Supra 94-97 NA clutch fit?
I know about the sprung hub vs un-sprung.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey i looked over your post but have a few questions.

I need to buy front upper and lower control arms with the spindles. Did these only come on the is300 or are these parts interchangeable with other lexus/toyota models.

Lastly i need the dimensions for under the hood. I cant understand what measurement the catalog is using. My car will be in the frame shop next week and i would like to check their work.

thxs

·
Registered
153 Posts
Would it be possible for me to get a hold of the headlight lenses instead of having to buy a whole headlight housing, i just need to replace mine for regular wear and tear.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is a great resource. Thanks for sharing.

Has anyone tried the Supra Flywheel? Does that work? I seem to recall the cost of the dual mass flywheel at Lexus was > $1000.

-Scott

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
This is a great resource. Thanks for sharing.

Has anyone tried the Supra Flywheel? Does that work? I seem to recall the cost of the dual mass flywheel at Lexus was > $1000.

-Scott
I am replacing my clutch so researched this issue.

Yes the Supra NA (and SC300 is same) flywheel fits, you also need the flywheel attaching bolts, they are a different length, and are a replace each time part anyway, and a clutch pushrod, its a different length.

part numbers are in the forum, I found them easily.

note you cant use the sprung hub clutch center plate with the stock sprung flywheel, the hub hits the flywheel bolts.
But you must use the sprung hub with the Supra NA or SC300 or Fidenza flywheels.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
anyone have a part number for the orings in the a/c system?
Just buy a metric O ring set for 134A systems I dont believe there is anything special, maybe ask your local A/C parts or shop?

you can look up one by one in the part webs sites but these will be Lexus prices.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Can someone help me w/ a part no. for the little rubber bumper that looks kinda like a Rollo (the chocolate caramel in a roll candy) that goes in the rear door near the child lock switch. If that desc. is confusing I can take a pic.

Don't know when I lost it, just noticed today that it wasn't there.

Thanks, every/anyone.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Can someone help me w/ a part no. for the little rubber bumper that looks kinda like a Rollo (the chocolate caramel in a roll candy) that goes in the rear door near the child lock switch. If that desc. is confusing I can take a pic.

Don't know when I lost it, just noticed today that it wasn't there.

Thanks, every/anyone.
I'm not for certain what you're talking about, there is a part spreadsheet of the rear door that should help on the answer.

2002 IS300: OEM Body (REAR DOOR PANEL & GLASS) Replacement Parts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Oh, nice. Didn't know Sewell had exploded diagrams like that.

The part is 90541-09063. Looks like it's used on a couple Toyotas so hopefully it'll be in stock at a local dealer.

Much thanks!!!

·
Registered
911 Posts
I found this funny...

So I picked up the "cushion" from the Toyota dealer today. It was $.25 over full MSRP, which is a bit considering it's a $3 part. The comedy (to me at least) is that they have pet supplies in the parts department, and they're priced extremely well!

81 - 100 of 112 Posts