Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 112 Posts

·
10,234 Posts
Thought, I would chime in a bid since I have been ordering OE parts left and right for the rebuild.

Camseals for the VVT-i heads are different. The part no listed (90311-40020)is for the exhaust side. I just ordered two of them yesterday and came to find out it doesn't work for the VVt-i shaft.

A few more parts I acquired

Lower Oil Pan Bolts - 90119-06624
Waterpump Bypass Pipe No1 Bolt - 90105-06164
O- Ring for No1 Bypass pipe to the head - 96761-24028
Coolant Outlet Pipe Gasket - 16343-46020
Crush Washer/Gasket Oil Pipe from Block to VVT-i Solenoid 90430-16012

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
i got another oil filter number and price for ya. i finialy found out the differnce between these filters...

90915-YZZG1 - Oil filter - 7.57 list - 4.95 actual

the YZZD1 is supposed to be for internal use at dealerships only, the YZZG1 (so im told by the parts manager from Priority Toyota) is the filter they are told by toyota to sell over the counter. same filter, it just has applications stamped on the D1 filter that the G1 doesnt have, but its the exact same filter. i bought 3 of them yesterday heh

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
"90915-YZZG1 - Oil filter - 7.57 list - 4.95 actual"

MSRP on the G1 is $5.41 Most dealers have a profit bump on their parts. We sell them for $7.57 also.

Yeah, the G1's are USA made and the D1's are made in Thailand. I heard that the D1's were for the Sienna a few years ago, maybe to address a sludge problem?. Now the book says to use G1's on Sienna. Anyways. G1,D1,D3,B9's -all the same. I think I got 1 B9 left (made in Japan)

·
Registered
295 Posts
All,
I noticed the part number for the timing belt tensioner below. Are you supposed to replace this as well when changing out the timing belt for your 90K service? Anything else to replace in that area other than the water pump?

Secondly, I had to replace the rear axle on my IS about 1K ago and I also replaced the clutch. Not knowing about the importance of replacing the flywheel, nor advised by the mechanic, I now have a irritating noise unless I push the clutch in about 2 inches. I have now driven on the new clutch about 1K. Will I need to replace a new clutch when purchasing a flywheel? That is assuming the noise is infact the flywheel.

Any comments or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
All,
I noticed the part number for the timing belt tensioner below. Are you supposed to replace this as well when changing out the timing belt for your 90K service? Anything else to replace in that area other than the water pump?

Secondly, I had to replace the rear axle on my IS about 1K ago and I also replaced the clutch. Not knowing about the importance of replacing the flywheel, nor advised by the mechanic, I now have a irritating noise unless I push the clutch in about 2 inches. I have now driven on the new clutch about 1K. Will I need to replace a new clutch when purchasing a flywheel? That is assuming the noise is infact the flywheel.

Any comments or recommendations are greatly appreciated.
that noise from what i'm told is perfectly normal (it's not the flywheel but the throwout bearing). i took my car into lexus like 3 times to try to have them fix it, but they basically told me if i didn't like it, to sell the car. bunch of a$$holes...

anyway... big thanks nautox, i'll be putting this list to use for my 90k svc. coming up too. +rep

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE STICKIED !

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
THIS THREAD SHOULD BE STICKIED !
+1!!

Here are two more to add. I posted these up in another water pump related thread, but figured they'd be more relevant here:

O-rings for water pump:

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
+1!!

Here are two more to add. I posted these up in another water pump related thread, but figured they'd be more relevant here:

O-rings for water pump:
good deal, thanks man. i'm gonna need those here soon. i just hit 87k!

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
"90915-YZZG1 - Oil filter - 7.57 list - 4.95 actual"

MSRP on the G1 is $5.41 Most dealers have a profit bump on their parts. We sell them for $7.57 also.

Yeah, the G1's are USA made and the D1's are made in Thailand. I heard that the D1's were for the Sienna a few years ago, maybe to address a sludge problem?. Now the book says to use G1's on Sienna. Anyways. G1,D1,D3,B9's -all the same. I think I got 1 B9 left (made in Japan)
thats kinda what i figured...

as far as the price, thats what they sell them for, i actualy get them a bit cheaper from a friend of mines sister, she works at priority so she gives me her discount ;)

·
Registered
4,888 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Anybody who sees this thread and hasn't already needs to +rep nautox. There was some good work put into that spreadsheet and it's really helpful... I've already repped him several times already =P

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Anybody who sees this thread and hasn't already needs to +rep nautox. There was some good work put into that spreadsheet and it's really helpful... I've already repped him several times already =P
ahmen! x2 i'm surprised he doesn't have more rep than he does.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
bump!

i have another part number for you

right front strut support assymbly.the upper mounting plate for the strut, that retains the spring and has the 3 studs to mount to the strut tower.

from iron toad. they didnt have it listed on the website, i had to do a special order on this pig... i broke one of the studs when i remounted them after my stechs install and toyota/lexus wont sell you just the studs

part #------------discription----------list-----actual
48680-53010------support assy, FR---69.33---55.46

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just recently bought the
Tensioner Assembly part number 16620-46070 MSRP 212.70
Bought it a Toyota for $170.00

This fits a 2002 Lexus IS300 (m/t) you need to use the bracket of the old one for the absorber.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Can we get this stickied? seems it keeps going back a few pages. Mods - stickie?

oh, and +rep to you.

·
Registered
192 Posts
if we can't get an Air Filter, does that mean we're forced to have it replaced at a dealership?

Have you guys changed your own air filters? If so, what filter did you use and where did you get it?

21 - 40 of 112 Posts