Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does anyone have this picture still? Trying to do this to an IS 300 and know which wires to connect but not sure if I need to connect them on the ECU end of the other end if that makes any sense. Another way to explain it would be does the ECU receive the voltage or does it send it out to the heater and then to ground?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello to all who still have this problem. You should have soldered or connected two resistors with 15 Ohm and at least capacity of 20W or better. The codes should not appear again.
I buy 2 of this Hochlast-Zementwiderstand 15 Ohm / 20W (LSR-150/20) bei Trenkenchu & Stadler GbR
You should be careful with the heat. The Resistors will be very hot. So place them under the car or in engine area. Sorry for my English - I hope to have helped you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello to all who still have this problem. You should have soldered or connected two resistors with 15 Ohm and at least capacity of 20W or better. The codes should not appear again.
I buy 2 of this Hochlast-Zementwiderstand 15 Ohm / 20W (LSR-150/20) bei Trenkenchu & Stadler GbR
You should be careful with the heat. The Resistors will be very hot. So place them under the car or in engine area. Sorry for my English - I hope to have helped you.

Hey, according to the diagram that you uploaded for the resistor.

This may be a noob question, but whatever.

There is something I don't understand. Do I have to tap the resistor between the two wires (heater signal and heater ground) forming an H?

Or do I have to cut both wires (signal and ground), and put the resistor between signal and heater, and then tape down the end of the other two wires hanging?

I'll just upload a picture and you guys let me know which one to use... I USED THE LEFT ONE and still got the codes again.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The same concept can be applied to the 2001, however, the harness is slightly different. You want to tap the b1s2 heater signal to the b2s2 heater signal. Use this diagram for which wires those are:

So I got my CEL and pulled the code for P0141, I'm still searching around gathering up info, but from what i know so far, is that it is the heater signal from the 02 sensor. Do I need to have the 02 simulator, or can i just tap a wire from one sensor to the sensor at the ecu for a quick fix, or did i misread/misinterpret this thread? and will this suffice to be able to pass smog, or will I have to buy the whole sensor and splice/solder?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is late and all but to answer SoCal, from what I heard the O2 Sim only simulates the signal, not the heater. At tokenssolutions, they sell an O2 plug n play where it simulates both signal and heater. I personally haven't tried it but really looking into.

And from reading the 1st page, if P0161 is on, tap B2S2 heater to B1S2 heater. I'm just going by what was said.

·
Registered
385 Posts
P0141 code

I have a 01 IS300 with the above code, this thread seems to be a quick(temp) fix for the problem, but isnt replacing the 02 sensor should be the actual fix?

·
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
yes, replacing the o2 sensor is the actual proper fix.

·
Registered
363 Posts
where is the pic from the OP because im not sure i really understand what to do? i just got the p0141 code after i installed my header, and i have a o2 sim. is this just a coincidence or related to the header? and is the temp fix going to cause any problems in the long run?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I deft need that image for the 2002 is300. Jus replaced b1s2 with a Bosch from advanced auto and reset the ecu only to have the cel come back on. Same codes as before, p0141

·
Registered
1 Posts
The same concept can be applied to the 2001, however, the harness is slightly different. You want to tap the b1s2 heater signal to the b2s2 heater signal. Use this diagram for which wires those are:
This post is very old...just wondering if this still works? It says to tap the b1s2 heater signal to the b2s2 heater signal - what does that mean? Do I cut both and splice them together? Or do I find the O2 sim and cut the wire going form the signals to the board? So confused by this pic compared to when I look at my engine. Can you please help me? If you have pics of what needs to be done where that would be even better :) Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Bringing this thread back to life! Does anyone have an image of what wires you cut/tape exactly? Is it the wiring near where you connect the sensor? (I have code P0141 S1B2) I have a new o2 sensor on the way but I need to do this mod to pass inspection by the end of this month.

Thanks

·
Registered
600 Posts
BUMP. All of the images are DEAD Links now. Anyone have an image that I can reference to?

Does anyone have an image of what wires you cut/tape exactly? Is it the wiring near where you connect the sensor? (I have code P0141 S1B2)

·
Registered
14 Posts
bringing this back from the dead so please forgive me, lol. I have code p0161 on my 2002 and need to know which wires to move, cut, etc. any help would be great. thanks!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts