Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Automotive Marketing Consultants Incorporated (AMCI) recently conducted a thorough assessment of the dynamic strenghts of the Lexus IS300 vs. the BMW 328i. The Lexus bunch beat the Germans at their own game. The results were calculated from eight dynamic handling test 05/00 by AMCI of automatic sedans equiped with standard wheels and tires.

------------------

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The Toyota.com web site had a bunch of AMCI tests showing that the MR2-Spyder is better than the Boxster. They clearly picked and chose selected categories where the MR2-Spyder won out, and didn't mention all the other ways that it was inferior. I don't think that these are completely objective tests. Toyota/Lexus pays for these tests to advertise their cars.

But - just by saying that the IS300 and 328i are "close" in terms of handling says that the IS300 is a great car to drive.

·
Registered
511 Posts
What the hell does all that crap mean? Get in the car and drive it and decide for yourself. Decide how it "feels" to you. I am sure the IS300 handles fine but handling is rarely something that can be measured by instruments.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by S38:
What the hell does all that crap mean? Get in the car and drive it and decide for yourself. Decide how it "feels" to you. I am sure the IS300 handles fine but handling is rarely something that can be measured by instruments.
I have. In Chicago last friday on a closed course. The IS300 328i and the A4 2.8 AMCI has just comfirmed what I felt.:p Thanks for the advice S38

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
While I think those tests are fairly objective, remember that "standard tires" on the IS300 are 17" performance, while on the 328i and A4 they are all season 16". Also the BMW and Audi they tested do NOT have the sport package. My impression from the Boston event today is the IS handles as well as the BMW 328i WITH sport package, and the poor Audi, well . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts