Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for some of you that dont know, i am an apprasier for all the insurance companies. ( RBC, Aviva, TD, ING, and pretty much all the brokers ) So i work on the purchase price of cars from Cost up.

I am currently working on a deal with an Insured, and the prices of the IS250 have Dropped! right now a new 08 is250 with leather and moonroof package you can walk out with it for almost $36,000!! OMG!

i was STUNNED and that price, and with a finance price of 4.9% on 48 months. THATS A SWEET DEAL!

now many things come to my head, i can trade mine in and get myself a NEW lexus with warranty. This would be great with the kid coming and all, AND OH MAN! that Hands free key and all the up to date technology!

But on the other hand i am giving up a beautiful motor. I love the design on the IS300, and im not done building this beast.

As much as i love her, i would love to have a new car..but i will have to cry myself to sleep for a few nights.

Worth It?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
considering I walked out with a '07 manual with premium leather + moonroof package + extended warranty for a tad over $50k, I say that's a freaking awesome deal.

This was just last April too...

what can I say... $6K off MSRP + lowered GST... why couldn't I wait an extra year? *sigh*

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
damn i feel so ripped off... its like one of those iTravel commercials on 680 news... where the guy asks you "how would you feel if the guy sitting next to you on the beach, paid much less than you did for his vacation?"

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree, the price drop is pretty sick! When you compare to what else you can get in the price bracket... 323i (looks terrible with pizza cutter wheels), A3 (overpriced GTI), A4 Front Track (brilliant motor but FWD sucks)... the only viable option is the new C230 with AMG kit. Pretty comparable spec wise to the IS...

Personally, i've decided on the IS250 but debating on picking up an 08 model or ordering an 09 later this year.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
i was gonna say just save and build up your IS300, but your sig says you have a supra too....thats a pretty sweet deal on the 250 stick.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only way i would get this car is if it was a Stick!

and the supra was stripped. I really wanna boost the IS300, but i just heard about this today and i thought hey, beautiful car..hopefully soon they will be coming out with some serious mods.. Ill get a BRAND new car with warranty! All for under $40!

the price i worked out was $35 with out anything else added except the leather and moonroof.

im still thinking...mmmmm what to do.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Crown I will take you out for a rip in mine if you want.If you are not going to boost your is300 than is250mt is a very sweet ride. And you can hang with any is300 believe me.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will definatly take you up on your offer Siren. I called Northwest lexus today and spoke with the GM, looks like gettin a manual 250 demo is nearly impossible or just an 07 period. They are going to look into an 2008 model for me tomorow and see where that puts me.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Demo is nice but I will take you for a real drive.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Crown... I saw the way you were drooling over Siren's car as he pulled away. So I know you are in-love with the looks of the 2nd-Gen IS. I say if the numbers work out for you... then go for it. Just make sure you drive one yourself to make sure it's what you want. The 2nd-Gen IS went on a bit of a tangent to the luxury side in comparison to the IS300. So if you drive it... and it suits your needs... then get it.

On the other hand tho... are you making payments on your IS300? If not... then it doesn't make sense to take on another set of car payments with a baby coming along. Also... with a baby coming along... getting into another IS is probably not such a good idea. If anything... you should be looking at picking up a new/used GS. That car has good backseat room.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
btw Crown did you mean 36K on the road? including packages? or does that not include taxes?

anyways, the backseat isn't THAT bad in the IS.. its cramped for sure.. but if he has one kid... strap him on the passenger side with the front seat further up... should be okay...

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Demo is nice but I will take you for a real drive.:rolleyes:
NICE!

Crester, i am making payments on my lex..with probably another year and half to go. that is one of the reason why i was considering gettin into this one. if mine was fully paid off i wouldnt even think about this. i dont like making payments on my cars..this is my first car i had to do so.

I will work out the numbers, first ill take a ride with Siren, and then go take one out myself. If numbers fit, and i like the drive about it, i may go for it.

I am keeping in my mind that the little demon kid is on the way ( i say that cause its a boy..and i know what i was like as a boy ) A patty wagon is being considered..lol

but on a real note. I am selling the 2003 mazda protege, once i get rid of that i am looking into gettin the Rx300 or the GS as you mentioned. i like both very much but i am leaning a bit more towards the RX due to the amount of room and versatility of it.

That being said, in a little under two years i would have two paid off lexus's. Thats sounds good to me.

Ill see how the numbers go.

thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Crown - with the leather and 17" package, what are you looking at OTD? Have you tried to negotiate?

A few people on this board said there's about $3k markup on Invoice which would put cost around 29k for a base model. Freight and PDI in Vancouver is around $1,800 if I remember correctly.

You may be able to negotiate it off.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
155, My company that i work for is apart of Car Cost Canada. i know what every dealership pays for these cars, what the cost is for every additional options.

When i priced the car out. It showed up at almost $38,930 including F/Pdi.. Invoice Is $35,456.00 Including f/pdi.. Thats almost $3500 off!

and considering i worked in a two dealerships before i would be able to get my rust proofing for the rightful amount of $175 instead of $2000. i know the snake roads of these places... ill be okay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts