Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really like the IS300 in all parts... just dont like it's call Lexus IS300 and the price..

it's 47,xxx plus tax and stuff... talk about 52K out the dealer... (canada) i just dont think it's worth it... since the price would be the same as buying a altezza in hk...ppl from hk, always like to compare...

but the C320 have a nore powerful engine, much higher class interior and comfort, just not as good looking as a IS...and the price is rite compare to the 1 in hk... it's around half the price as the one in hk...

so, can anyone give me some reason that i must buy a IS instead of a new c-class ( i still have to wait if i buy either one...)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Is that the new MB C class? I've seen pics of it and to tell you the truth, I really like it.

------------------
Official member of the ClubSi.com So. Cal Fuddrucker and Boba Crews. Westside Represent!
  • AEM CAI
  • DC Ceramic 4-1
  • Greddy EVO Exhaust
  • Eibach Pro-Kits
  • Sprint Camber Kit
  • Razo Carbon Fiber Pedals
  • KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks

[This message has been edited by atomicbombpinoy (edited July 13, 2000).]

·
Registered
258 Posts
the new c-class does look like a condensed s-class...very nice looking... if the price is about the same, i would probably go w/the c-class.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yup the new C-Class is nice.. find out from you dealer when the delivery date is going to be. Should be in late august and early september

FYI here are some websites to check them out at.
www.mbnz.org www.mbworld.org http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/5350/w203first.htm

The car is the W203 model. I have seen some pictures of the car so far so it does look good and for what options you get with the car it is worth it. Now keep in mind MB doent do price wars so you will pay MSRP for the car in the beginning and possible $500 or $1K discounts in a year when the demand dies down.

Good luck with your decision

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hyde, if you can't justify paying for the IS, then you already made up your mind. My best advice to you is test drive the C-class first. If the car fits your style, your needs and the way you feel, then it's for you. To compare cars with words will not do you justice. Good luck in finding your car.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
lookin at issue of CAR magazine, realized the shape of the rear lights on the Cedes are similar to the ones on the IS...hope some mercedes c owner doesnt switch out the lights after realizing he made the wrong decision and really wanted the IS, or vice versa

·
Registered
144 Posts
Originally posted by PXM:
Check out the July issue of Car. They do a nice comparision of the new C-class and IS200.
Does this "Car" magazine have a web site that I can check out? I have never heard of it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The "CAR" magazine he is talking about is an european magazine. Unfortunally the comparison is a Is200 and a C-240.. Here in the us they will do a C-320 and Is300 comparison in October with road and track.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts