Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one would you guys recommend? Would love to hear some pros and cons for each car.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Well, you will get more looks and pick up more girls in an IS300. I've done alot of field testing and I've gotten alot of good results ::evil grin:: . You may want to try test driving both cars yourself... and see for yourself which one feels better for you.

------------------
White IS300
"Bein Bad Ain't EZ"

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Well.. The IS300 pulls more attention, (because its still new) but they are just equally beautiful. Interior of bimmer is better though. I used to hate IS300 interior, but it grew on me.. now I just love it. The console is very nicely laid out. I don't even have to look at the center console to push buttons. After the first few times I know exactly where to push/turn.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I had a dificult time choosing between the two when I was shopping for my car...I finally went with the 325ci because of personal preference...both are great cars so it's up to you what you want in a car. Here a short list of pros and cons for both cars:

IS300
Pros: faster than auto 325, great value, lexus service and reliablity, better stereo system, newer and more rare (for now), aggressive styling, great looking 17" rims, 4dr more practical, quiet cabin

Cons: E-Shift (not as good as steptronic IMO), interior quality is questionable, no navigation system for 2001, no full leather for 2001, paint problem (chips easily), no arm rest for 2001

325ci
Pros: long history and reputation, silky smooth BMW engineering, handles a bit better than IS, classy yet sporty look, more luxuries available (comes at a higher price of course), awesome sports seats, navigation system available, full leather

Cons: more expensive, average sound system, more road noise, some minor reliability issues, much more common than IS

thats all i can think of right now but I'm sure i missed some points. Anyways, most people will tell you that it really comes down to your situation. Ask yourself what your need and want from a car and you should be able to make up your mind. Good luck..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by 3Double0:
I had a dificult time choosing between the two when I was shopping for my car...I finally went with the 325ci because of personal preference...both are great cars so it's up to you what you want in a car. Here a short list of pros and cons for both cars:

IS300
Pros: faster than auto 325, great value, lexus service and reliablity, better stereo system, newer and more rare (for now), aggressive styling, great looking 17" rims, 4dr more practical, quiet cabin

Cons: E-Shift (not as good as steptronic IMO), interior quality is questionable, no navigation system for 2001, no full leather for 2001, paint problem (chips easily), no arm rest for 2001

325ci
Pros: long history and reputation, silky smooth BMW engineering, handles a bit better than IS, classy yet sporty look, more luxuries available (comes at a higher price of course), awesome sports seats, navigation system available, full leather

Cons: more expensive, average sound system, more road noise, some minor reliability issues, much more common than IS

thats all i can think of right now but I'm sure i missed some points. Anyways, most people will tell you that it really comes down to your situation. Ask yourself what your need and want from a car and you should be able to make up your mind. Good luck..
I am considering both cars and whould like to know what you would consider a fair price for the 325i. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Actually the IS 300 is slightly more expansive than the 325. My opinion is to suck it up and dish out a bit more for a 330ci. This car is much faster and handles better.

·
Registered
260 Posts

325ci Pros: handles a bit better than IS.

I wondered how? you mean with that "Camry feel" steering is better? (I think not until the March productions).

I would agreed most of you points though.

[This message has been edited by IS300#1 (edited February 21, 2001).]

·
Registered
455 Posts
Originally posted by maddogtx:
Actually the IS 300 is slightly more expansive than the 325. My opinion is to suck it up and dish out a bit more for a 330ci. This car is much faster and handles better.
I guess it depends on where you live and the options you get...3 series demand seems to be alot higher than for the IS where I live so I was quoted a far better price for the IS.

jdtoyou...the price depends on the options of course but I got 4% off MSRP. This is for a coupe though and you should be able to get a better for the sedan...I would try for 5-6%.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Originally posted by IS300#1:
I wondered how? you mean with that "Camry feel" steering is better? (I think not until the March productions).

I would agreed most of you points though.
notice i said slightly better...I didn't feel a whole lot of difference when I test drove both cars but I did feel the BMW was a bit better...You're right, BMW is fixing the steering for March production but they've also found a solution for cars built before that...besides, I think "camry steering" is stretching it a bit, not that bad

·
Registered
4 Posts
I guess it depends on where you live and the options you get...3 series demand seems to be alot higher than for the IS where I live so I was quoted a far better price for the IS.

jdtoyou...the price depends on the options of course but I got 4% off MSRP. This is for a coupe though and you should be able to get a better for the sedan...I would try for 5-6%.
Thanks for your help. I'm looking at the sedan. Also, is there a BMW forum where I might be able to ask some questions? Thanks!

JD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts