Lexus IS Forum banner

is300 or Benz?

1K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  UpTownIS300er 
#1 ·
I am aware this is a lexus forum, but im looking for opnions. I have wanted the Is300 for a while now, and the time is drawing near to where I will be getting a new car.

I have always liked the way the Benz look, I have been looking at the C class. And seeing how i know next to nothing about Benz, i was wondering what you guys had to say. How do they drive? and they at least a little peppy (performance wise) and what about the options? Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
The Benz rides smoother, better build quality, nicer interior materials, better stereo, free maintenance, bi-xenon lights (optional), safer etc. The C320 is faster than the IS300 E-shift. the auto trans on the benz shifts quick and smoothly compared to the lazy E-shift. The benz feels like a bank vault on wheels very tight.

The lexus is also a great vehicle, tight ride, faster than the benz (with a manual), handles sharper, better service (most locations), and cheaper. With that said, I find my C320 much more enjoyable to drive than my IS300. I am really satisfied with the C and love the instant power and bi-xenon lights! The benz is quieter and has all 4 auto up/down windows, i hate that the IS doesnt have that. Also the smartkey is tres cool, put all windows down/up and open/close moonroof from the press of the remote button.

#5 ·
thanks AlBoston thats what i was looking for. I want the car to still handle great and sorta quick. I like lexus, but i love the way the front end of the benz looks. My moms rx300 has all auto windows, and it bothers me also the IS doesn't.

I still welcome opnions

scottschoe: Im not sure which one i should be looking at, and i have just been kinda browsing through them and noticed the C320. Is there another model that may perk my intrest?

#7 ·
If you really want all windows auto down, you can buy an aftermarket module and have it installed.

#8 ·
Ya gotta like what you drive.

If you are not going to keep the car very long (ie a lease or plan to trade in three or four years) it probably doesn't matter a lot.

For the long term though....IS300.

#9 ·
SeattleSheila said:

If you are not going to keep the car very long (ie a lease or plan to trade in three or four years) it probably doesn't matter a lot.

i did the opposite, lease the IS300, buy the benz :D .

shop visits for the IS(in 20 months): 10
shop visits for the benz(in 6 months): 0

#10 ·
AlBoston said:
SeattleSheila said:

i did the opposite, lease the IS300, buy the benz :D .

shop visits for the IS(in 20 months): 10
shop visits for the benz(in 6 months): 0
One can only go by statistics. You got lucky.

#11 ·
the c-class is a$$,i've driven it last month i dont think it rides better than the IS,definetly dosen't handle as well and does not brake as well neither and i doubt it's as reliable as the IS seeing how my fathers benz has been in the shop at least 4 times and my IS has not been except for the times my battery kept dieing on me because circuit city fudged up the system install :-?

#16 ·
shootza said:
The only C class Benz I would EVER take over my IS, is the C32 AMG.

Besides that I trluy believe the IS more value for the money compared to a regular C class.

:chill:
I agree here... I test drove the c32 when I was looking for new cars and never thought about it again after driving the IS. The IS handles a ton better and the shifting just felt smoother on the lexus auto tranny (sluggish eshift? I've got no beef with mine)

Plus, I'd go with the IS all the way, the MB c class is one of the least reliable cars on the road today.

AMG is the only way to go if you go MB, until I learned about the capabilities of the 2jz engine I was seriously eyeing the c32 AMG as my next ride.

#17 ·
lexluger180 said:
the c-class is a$$,i've driven it last month i dont think it rides better than the IS,definetly dosen't handle as well and does not brake as well neither and i doubt it's as reliable as the IS seeing how my fathers benz has been in the shop at least 4 times and my IS has not been except for the times my battery kept dieing on me because circuit city fudged up the system install :-?
Take a breather there buddy. Please use periods so people don't get headaches reading your posts.

#21 ·
I would stay away from the benz as well. They do look pretty sharp but I like the "cleaner" look of the IS. Also Benz build quality is nothing near a Lexus. As always you should just go drive them and take into account stuff like durability etc (of course you need to decide what important to you). In the end it's you that's gonna have to live with the car day in and day out.

#22 ·
c240/c230 cost like 38000 with is300's equal amneties (you will lose most of your money in the options), they are slower, doesnt handle as good, and did i mention pricey?

if you want to get the c-class benz over is300, go for either the c320 or the c32 amg. but you also need to keep in mind that with the is300 you will still receive an identical performance albeit less build quality for a whooping 15k cheaper than the c320

good luck :)

#23 ·
Omg i would totally rock the C32 amg. That thing is frkkin HOT!!! I do love the looks of an all black C320 w/ chrome rims. C240? dont even think about it... thats just plane idiotic IMO. C320 and IS300, I feel the C320 is an overall better car for the avg person but I'm more keen to the aftermarket side. Both great car's but only one can be made into a beast w/ realistic funds.

PS. :shame: Dont buy Used Mercs....

#24 ·
- the BENZ, of course :roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.