Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Where was each car introduced?

Countries? with specifying whether its the Lexus or Altezza.

I have an IS300 in Saudi Arabia, and I'm suffering from not finding parts at all, since the first generation IS300 was never introduced in Saudi Arabia.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Toyota Altezza in Antigua (West Indies).

There are quite a lot of Altezza's here for the island's size of 108 square miles. There may very well be a little over 100 Altezza's here.

The prob i have is that its a 1GFE (6cylinder) and there is 0 parts here for that engine while all the other 4cylinder guys have it sooo easy. :-(

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Toyota Altezza in Antigua (West Indies).

There are quite a lot of Altezza's here for the island's size of 108 square miles. There may very well be a little over 100 Altezza's here.

The prob i have is that its a 1GFE (6cylinder) and there is 0 parts here for that engine while all the other 4cylinder guys have it sooo easy. :-(
But ur close to the US, shipping is fine... but imagine that a door costs 800$ to be shipped to me in KSA and the door itself costs 200$

:S

·
Registered
93 Posts
Altezza - Japan (and West Indies only?) that I know of "new". Lots of Altezza's in NZ imported due to their import laws (up until 2001 models I think).
US/Canada only got the IS300
UK/Europe got both IS200 & IS300. Quite a few Altezza's come in, especially in Ireland for some reason.
AUS/NZ only got the sedan, IS300 came late (2 years after US got it)
Rest of Asia is IS only, no Altezza that I've seen
No idea on Africa...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check out toyodiy.com

There you can search for part numbers by region(N. America, Europe, Japan & General). The good thing about this is that if there is any other car that uses the same part number, it will show it.

What parts are you trying to get?
Wow this is really old, I was trying to get some parts for the back side, rear cross member, traction toe, LCA...

I recently heard the crown has the same parts, I currently have the GS parts but the tire is angled, not like the other side... I think the LCA is longer... but had to get the car moving...

·
Registered
92 Posts
NZ gets Altezzas up to 05' but the law changed recently and there are no more altezzas coming in. We get both the 3sge and 1gfe sedan variant, including the 1gfe and 2jzge gita.

I believe we also get the is200 ( gxe10 AS200 equivalent ) and is300 however it is not as popular.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where was each car introduced?

Countries? with specifying whether its the Lexus or Altezza.

I have an IS300 in Saudi Arabia, and I'm suffering from not finding parts at all, since the first generation IS300 was never introduced in Saudi Arabia.
hey man you’re my only hope in finding a first gen in saudi arabia if you ever see this please contact me on whatsapp or imessage through 0555736955, good or bad news appreciated

·
5,037 Posts
hey man you’re my only hope in finding a first gen in saudi arabia if you ever see this please contact me on whatsapp or imessage through 0555746955, good or bad news appreciated
Good luck. That member has not been on the forum sense 2013

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good luck. That member has not been on the forum sense 2013
thanks i’ll need it :cry: he really means it when he says the first gen was never introduced here, i’ve been on the search for years and haven’t come across a single one. They are however available in places like the UAE and other surrounding countries however import laws don’t allow importing cars older than 5 years and younger than 30...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts