Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I went for my first oil change at Erin Park Lexus a couple of months ago and I'm just shy of 4000kms to the next oil change. Did a routine check on the car and noticed my oil level is around the 50% mark. I did the check about 20 minutes after I came back from work so I think I might be reading a little low (doubt it).

What kind of oil consumption is everyone here getting?

For most part, I drive on the highway at fairly decent conditions so there isn't that much city-bump-grind wear on it. I'd say 60% of my driving is highway cruising.

Any ideas or things to look for?

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
I've never noticed any oil loss in my IS300, as long as it is between the min. and max. marks on the dipstick you are fine, thats where it should be filled to, if you know it is lower than before, then something might be going on.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have actually never really noticed any real change in oil levels in my car between changes and have over 100k miles now...

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Did you wipe off the oil on the dipstick and re-dip it again? Have you noticed any oil leaking? I know some guy that put his oil filter back on with a double gasket which gave his oil a slow leak and dropped his oil pressure. Other than that my oil has never dipped that low even at 4k miles.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I actually went 10k once without a change and saw no drop.... Guess I was trying to bore my engine with friction and heat lol....

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
^^^ Remind me never to buy your car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
No oil consumption

I don't check my oil that often but I use MOTUL 8100 and my oil change is around every 14000km. My friend who is a mechanic never told me that I do not have any oil issue when he changed my oil.

If you engine is burning oil, then it is a different story.

Oil consumption does happen on my friend's BMW X5 and he said X5 engine is known for that.

You might want to have a friend to follow you to see if there is any colored smoke come out from your pipe. If there is, could be your head gasket or something like that. Sorry, that's all the knowledge I have.

Tommy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts