Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many versions of the factory (USDM) tail lights are there? What years got which?

My wife has a 2004 IS (not Sportdesign) sedan and the drivers side has a bit of condensation inside. I’d like to replace it with a used unit, but I want to make sure I get the correct one. The chrome housings don’t look pure chrome, they look a tad darker than chrome. The taillights I believe are original to the car. In looking around at used lights, there seems to be different versions.

I did a search of the site and didn’t find a list, so if I missed it forgive me.

Thanks!

·
Mr. Roo
9,493 Posts
Well, this was the go-to thread for stuff like this, but it's been mangled by the forum software change. But the info is still there.

To keep it simple, all tail lights that look "plain chrome" tail lights. Then there were two different smoked versions, the dark tint one in 2002 and then the medium tint in 2003 on the SportDesign. But then in 2014, any car could have this medium tint, not limited to SD.

So you probably have the medium tint tail lights from 03 and later. Pics would help too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts