Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I have a question in regards to the oem navigation harness and I did a search and didn't find anything that could answer my question. I am looking to equip my is300 with oem navi and am putting it together little by little. Now I have a 02 5spd and I have come across a oem navi harness but it is out of the same year only its a auto and is also a wagon. So the question is will this harness work or do I need to find one out of a 5spd manual car? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The OEM navi is almost impossible to install on a non-navi IS300 since the wiring is ridiculously complicated...you'd have to wire the wiring from the front and all the way to the back of the car (where the navi ecu is I think)

The dealer could install it for you, but it'll be ridiculously expensive, somewhere along the lines of $2,000 (not worth it since the OEM navi technology is outdated anyways)

Your best bet is to do what I did (as well as many others here)...take out the OEM navi screen and retrofit in your own navi screen/unit, and just wire up the navi housing (power/ground)

good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.