Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi overyone, i'm new here.

I own 2001 IS300, U.S. version.
I have a problem with odometer. It stopped with about 75000 miles and doesn't count any further. It accured to the prewious owner and I bought the car with this problem.
I'm happy when everything is working fine so i want to solve this problem. The tripA and tripB clocks are working fine. There is nothing wrong with the speedometer, rpm gouge, cruise control either. the only problem is that odometer(total millage counter ) is not counting.
Could you give me some advice on what to check and how to solve the problem?

Thank You in advance.
Greetings from PL/Europe

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
The whole combination cluster sounds like the problem since not only the speedometer works, but your cluster mileage trip settings are working too. I'd try disconnecting the battery, but it sounds like there's an internal issue with the cluster. If your speedometer didn't work then I could see it being a separate issue(ie. speed sensor). You may need to get a dealer to go online with the Techstream and get a diagnosis with this problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you jasonm4444 for quick reply. By the "combination cluster" you mean whole gauge cluster part? English is not my native language so i prefer to ask to prevent misunderstanding.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Thank you jasonm4444 for quick reply. By the "combination cluster" you mean whole gauge cluster part? English is not my native language so i prefer to ask to prevent misunderstanding.
Yes, you're correct. Usually when the odo quits, the speedometer, tach, and trips stop counting too. I've never heard of just the odometer quiting. Seems like an internal issue with the circuit board inside, that's just my opinion, especially since everything including the trip counts are working. There's no real easy way to test the cluster's digital outputs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi overyone, i'm new here.

I own 2001 IS300, U.S. version.
I have a problem with odometer. It stopped with about 75000 miles and doesn't count any further. It accured to the prewious owner and I bought the car with this problem.
I'm happy when everything is working fine so i want to solve this problem. The tripA and tripB clocks are working fine. There is nothing wrong with the speedometer, rpm gouge, cruise control either. the only problem is that odometer(total millage counter ) is not counting.
Could you give me some advice on what to check and how to solve the problem?

Thank You in advance.
Greetings from PL/Europe
sorry to bring this thread back to life but I’m having the same issue. I just bought the car from someone and they didn’t mention anything about the odo not working but everything else works as well as the trips. Did you ever happen to find the issue out? Please I’m in need of help!

·
4,161 Posts
sorry to bring this thread back to life but I’m having the same issue. I just bought the car from someone and they didn’t mention anything about the odo not working but everything else works as well as the trips. Did you ever happen to find the issue out? Please I’m in need of help!
That member has not posted sense 2013 if you look at his profile info. Any cel codes?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts