Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Blue Glowie
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS300.NET has entered into a Holiday Toy Drive contest with several other car enthusiast community websites. The contest was developed by Darren at ScionLife.com. Darren contacted us to be a part of the toy drive and we gladly accepted!

This is a competition, so lets show the car enthusiast community that .NET means business!

Here is how this contest works. For almost two months several different automotive websites will be competing to amass the largest donation of diecast toy cars for local charities, namely Hotwheels and Matchbox cars. The donation amount of $1.34 will be applied to the purchase of one toy car and also equals 1 point in the contest. To make things fair ScionLife will be posting the total points for each team AND the points divided by the total forum member count. This will give an average for each forum member so that the little guys can at least look good. At the end of the contest the website with the most points wins.

More details and donation form here:
http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=26

If you have any questions feel free to post here. I tried to be as descriptive as possible on the page, but may have left some things out. ;)

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
You don't have to donate in $1.34 increments do you? I hope not because I rounded up to a nice even number to make it easier for accounting reasons.

I'm not the nicest donater in the world, but I love challenges. AND, .NET better step up and show the world that there are allot of Lexus owners who are not tight fisted snooty rich bastards.

DONATE FOLKS!

·
Premium Member
16,597 Posts
jedi said:
jdogg said:
jedi said:
At the end of the contest the website with the most points wins.
What do we "win"?
The satisfaction from doing a good deed.
Funny, when I was buying my 20 Hot Wheels last night, the guy at the register at Target gave me a funny look. When I told him about the contest, he asked me what we'd win for getting the most cars. "Bragging rights", I told him, "that we got more cars than any of the other websites."
I gotta admit, though, that I like Jedi's answer much better...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.