Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn't May the one-year anniversary of IS300.net? How many of the original posters still in this forum? (Those who were in the forum before the release(July 2000) of the IS?) There were some speculations but mostly informative info back then.

I remember lots of good info/pix were passed along by members such as Webmaster,TEG, Brandon, Kim, Erick and especially OCLEX?

This really got me interested in buying the IS300. Thanks you guys....

Anyone remember those times?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The anniversary is actually sometime mid/late 99 i think.....right?? May is when we switched to the UBB format, and all had to re-register....

·
Registered
355 Posts
I was all up on this site in August .. But I didn't register until I think December or November ..

P.S - When are we having another get together for the Bay Area, I missed out the last time because at the time I didn't have an IS.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Old school IS300.net member here.
under a diff alias back then, but yeah, changed it with the forum format change...

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
This site went live at the end of June 1999. We switched to the UBB forums in May of 2000. I need to get my updates in before my support expires.
So it'll actually be our 2 year anniversary soon...

[ May 09, 2001: Message edited by: webmaster ]

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by Michael:
I've been here since June of 2000. I bet I'm one of the only ones without an IS3 yet
Still trying to figure out how to afford one!
no...is300soon and hibboyscott don't got one...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah, I remember checking the site every day hoping for some new info on the IS before it came out.

This has been a very helpful site and one of the better web boards I have seen, IMHO.

Good times...

Jeff

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yeah, the good old days were a lot of fun, especially with all the speculation. There were tons of discussions (and arguments) on whether it'll be a 6-speed, under $30,000 MSRP, what colors would be available, etc, etc.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Originally posted by SpectraBlueIS300:
Yeah, the good old days were a lot of fun, especially with all the speculation. There were tons of discussions (and arguments) on whether it'll be a 6-speed, under $30,000 MSRP, what colors would be available, etc, etc.
it would've been nice to have it under $30K

1 - 14 of 14 Posts