Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scenario

1. Place: Salt Flats

2. Contest: 25 Mile Straight Line Race.

3. Equipment: Stock,Factory Cars.

4. Finishing Order At 25mile Mark??

Ok, lets see your opinions on this one....

And please, Research Before You Answer.

------------------
JUSTIN & DENISE C. OWNERS OF THE ONE-OF-A-KIND IS300

[This message has been edited by smra (edited November 24, 2000).]

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
where are the salt flats?

------------------
Silver 2K1 3.2CL-S. NOT JEALOUS OF YOUR IS300 heh heh heh...decent car though!! (the IS)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Iridium130:
where are the salt flats?

WHAT??? History Lesson???

Bonneville Salt Flats! Utah......

Where Land world record speed is accomplished.

------------------

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
hum, i'd say the cl-s, is300, 330i, mb320

i know the 330 has a limiter at 129 and i'm pretty sure MB does too.
the cl-s has faster straight line acceleration and a close top speed with the IS and although i didn't do research this is my opinion
Originally posted by smra:
Scenario

1. Place: Salt Flats

2. Contest: 25 Mile Straight Line Race.

3. Equipment: Stock,Factory Cars.

4. Finishing Order At 25mile Mark??

Ok, lets see your opinions on this one....

And please, Research Before You Answer.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i would have to say, the:
MB C320 - First (because it has a top speed over 150, according to merecedes-245km/h, and has a drag coefficient of .26, lightest of all)

IS300 - Second (it has a top speed over 150 and has a drag coefficient of around .3 i think, and is the second lightest)

Acura Cl-s - Third (fwd, probably limited to 130, although i found something mentioning 147mph, but it isn't as aerodynamic as others and heavier)

BMW 330 - Fourth (said it's top speed was around 129)

[This message has been edited by IS300GTE (edited November 24, 2000).]

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
smra, is that where that psycho Q45 set the land record or the rocket thingie set it?

------------------
Silver 2K1 3.2CL-S. NOT JEALOUS OF YOUR IS300 heh heh heh...decent car though!! (the IS)

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
dude, thats an urban legend, and it was a 72 caddillac, he mounted a naval afterburner to his caddy, and hit the side of a cliff at 300+mph. the dumbass didn't have a way to shut it off, although he was probably dead even before the impact.

Originally posted by Iridium130:
smra, is that where that psycho Q45 set the land record or the rocket thingie set it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Being a newbie to this forum and reading this thread, I just have to ask one question:

Has anyone here actually raced a CL-S?

Didn't think so....

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor *

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
why dont' you wait for an answer hm?

Originally posted by kensteele:
Being a newbie to this forum and reading this thread, I just have to ask one question:

Has anyone here actually raced a CL-S?

Didn't think so....

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i have raced one, and i smashed it, i don't even know why the owner tried, total waste of gas for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Excuse me?

Did I read your reply correctly? Did you say:

"i have raced one [in my stock IS300], and i smashed it, i don't even know why the owner tried, total waste of gas for me."

Don't let me add the words [in my stock IS300] to your quote if you don't mean it that way.

As mrclam suggested, I'll wait for you to answer. In the meantime, anyone else?

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor *

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
here is what you wrote:
"Being a newbie to this forum and reading this thread, I just have to ask one question:
Has anyone here actually raced a CL-S?"

and i answered yes i have, you never said it had to be in an IS, i own a talon and a supra, no IS - YET, i am waiting for a manual trans, but don't sweat it, my IS will be about as stock as my talon and supra are

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
i would have to say, the:
MB C320 - First (because it has a top speed over 150, according to merecedes-245km/h, and has a drag coefficient of .26, lightest of all)

IS300 - Second (it has a top speed over 150 and has a drag coefficient of around .3 i think, and is the second lightest)

Acura Cl-s - Third (fwd, probably limited to 130, although i found something mentioning 147mph, but it isn't as aerodynamic as others and heavier)

BMW 330 - Fourth (said it's top speed was around 129)

[This message has been edited by IS300GTE (edited November 24, 2000).]
question: can you BE any more clueless?

·
Registered
23 Posts
c'mon get real.

the CL-S will get to its top speed faster then both the IS and the BMW... the BMW can only get to 129mph... the IS im not sure about top speed... but if its less then 155mph... which is a speed that people have takin the CLS AND TL to on the street... then it has no chance of catching up the the CLS which, like I said... will be a good distance ahead of the IS by the time it tops out.

as for the benz... i dont know much about it... but if its high end times are as ****ty as its 0-60 then none of them stand a chance against the CLS.

SO... based on that

I have it as a toss up between the Benz and the CLS for #1... depending on the Benzs stats which I dont know.

#3 IS300
#4 BMW 330

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red w/ Nav.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Place: Mars
Event: Gravity defyin Lateral G's
People: Geoff with his CL-S
QwickVR6 with his Vr6
SMRA with his playstation 2
MrClam with his anti Lexus purpulsion system
Contest: Kill the man with the lead
Equipment: conventional as well as covert paraMilitary equipment optional, oh stock cars
Finishing Order: 4- Smra with a busted restart button and lack of DVD function he is left drifting with his dual shock controller and GT2 skippin like a bitch
3- Geoff break to an early lead with his staggering 14,8 earth 1/4( which translates to an even sec mars time), but is qwick over taking by MrClam
2 Mr clam death defyin leaps bring him to the finish line in record times, but with dispute from Qwickvr6 who claims since he never left the line with Einstiens theory of time continum he actually was at the finish before he ever started.
1-Qwick VR6 by default and complex physics qwick vr6 post a record finish of 0 seconds at no movement....

If you really sat thier reading the whole post you might actually enjoy these dumb ass comparisons.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

You forgot to tell us your finishing order
dude!

------------------

·
Registered
90 Posts
In stock form, I'd say:
1) CL-S
2) IS300
3) MB320 and 330i (tie, governed to 128 mph).

Without governors, MB320, 330i, CL-S, IS300.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts