Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I 2 days ago I went to change my brake like because it was leaking and I had an oil catch can to put on also so I ended up doing both. Did the brake line added oil catch can and has the car running again I noticed if I go above 4K in third gear and just put it in neutral the car will just die this happened about 12 time after the catch can it’s the the car can it recover in rpms is drops down around 400-500 rpms and just dies. It starts up ever time I took of the catch can reset my ecu and it didn’t happen for a while then about 30-45 minutes in it starts recovering bad again and died. It only happens once after I disconnected ecu. Idk what can cause this I’m kind of confused and annoyed at this point just trying to make it run good again lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you have ether a lose connection or a vacuum leak.
Connection as a bad ground? I’ve been looking for a vacuum leak and haven’t seen one I’ll continue to look for vacuum leaks and maybe a bad ground as I did loosen a ground to get to the brake line. It hasn’t done it today I only drove about 15 minutes but I’ll continue to keep checking up on it. After I reset ecu it only died once so hopefully it can stay alive

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also thanks for the reply im going at this blind so it’s kind of annoying. always helps when people have some input! I could’ve have easily over looked something as I’ve done before.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sounds like a vacuum leak to me too. Does it happen continuously or is it more of an intermittent problem?
I’ve checked it out ima look a lot more maybe I disconnected something in the process of running my new brake line it runs along the fire wall so there a lot of tiny vacuum hoses there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still haven’t seen no vacuum leaks I was being told that it can be my tps? Can this cause this problem?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Still haven’t seen no vacuum leaks I was being told that it can be my tps? Can this cause this problem?
If you are just looking at the lines you may not see it. Try spraying carb cleaner on them and listen for rpm change or a sucking sound. I know this may be hard with it not running right. So you may need to have someone to help.

·
Registered
568 Posts
TPS can cause a similar issue, especially if you disconnected the battery and made the ECU have to relearn the settings. Try checking the TPS setting while you are under there and see if it is within specification.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TPS can cause a similar issue, especially if you disconnected the battery and made the ECU have to relearn the settings. Try checking the TPS setting while you are under there and see if it is within specification.
I did disconnect the batter when replacing line I also reset ecu

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did disconnect the batter when replacing line I also reset ecu
I check the tps yesterday 2 of them read 3.2 last one was around 5

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So my check engine came on for all these codes I believe it’s my tps but don’t wanna spend a bunch of money trying to on an assumption what else can cause all this to go off?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now I’m reading p0125 I’m confused all other codes went away after disconnecting battery this one appeared about 10 minutes in to driving

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now I’m reading p0125 I’m confused all other codes went away after disconnecting battery this one appeared about 10 minutes in to driving
Some take longer to set than others.
As for this code. That usually means the thermostat broke and is stuck open.
The code went away shortly after appearing... all of those codes are not appearing anymore.. but still have trouble when vehicle is thrown in neutral. Vehicle cannot catch rpms and vehicle shuts off. Going to take apart my throttle body clean and see if it keeps happening if it does ima just bite the bullet and take it to a mechanic

1 - 20 of 22 Posts