:lol: I will have to try this! Ya learn somethin' new every day. :lol:YodaIsGod said:If you stick your arm through the window while the window is down, roll it back up!! Don't worry, it won't smash your arm. For added bonus, do it with your head to freak out other drivers while stuck in traffic.
I would like to add - avoid large rolling garbage bins! Mine was hit by one two weeks after I got it. issed: Apparantly the large metal garbage bin rolled 50 feet into my car after being blown by the wind....vlad_a said:Opt for manual tranny now that it is available. :lol: - See my sig.
Never drive on snow on summer tires, even if you just switched over from the winter set.
Park even further away from people.
On highest ground (use gravity against rogue shopping carts). :wink:
Dedicated winter/summer tire sets are best for performance. Watch out for all-season tires.
Questions:Vman said:Ok, here's my take after a year:
1.Get Xpel clear front protection for your hood,bumper,headlights and foglights . ..it's barely noticeable, easy care and has saved me many times from big nasty bugs and even bumper-banging idiots who can't parallel park!! issed: :roll:
2. Park far away and/or right up against curbs or poles on end spaces to help prevent door dings. Tilt your mirrors down so you don't curb your wheels.
3. The Ivory ecsaine/leather combo on the IBP looks great and stays pretty cool in the heat but takes some care to keep clean. Forget about trying to keep the Ivory mats clean ...you won't. Just get a set of black mats ...they look fine with all of the black interior components and are MUCH easier to keep clean!
4. Be sure to keep your leather clean and conditioned regularly with Lexol.
5. Change your oil every 3k miles.
6. Get stiffer sway bars than the stock ones if you like taking curves fast.
7.If you travel a lot for work or pleasure , get the NAV system . Then, be sure to put in the bypass switch.
8. Wire the 2nd (hidden) 12V outlet to a terminal that is always on (to charge your phone without the key in). :wink:
9. Get the LSD (Limited Slip Differential) if you don't already have it with a Manual tranny.
10.I highly recommend driving most times with a same-colored towel on your seat. I live in So.CA and wear shorts 98% of the year ...it's better not to sweat on the seats, even with scotchgard, etc. Plus, you can eat donuts in the car!
11.Go easy on the CD-changer buttons....i.e., give it time to change.... as some people have had problems with theirs.
12.Use distilled water for your final rinse, a can of air or air hose to blow out the mirrors, door handles, marker lights and trunk seal and then use Zaino Z-6 or some other after-wash gloss to rid of water spots.
13. Armor All is for Boneheads.
14.Don't let any fools tell you the E-shift buttons are useless or a gimmick. :roll: They make all the difference in the world on a canyon road for an automatic tranny!
15. If you get the factory NAV, put the dialogue on "FR" .
Sexy Lexy is even sexier speaking French!
16. If you've only had a front-wheel-driver before , learn the joys of a rear-wheel drive sport sedan on twisty roads by applying throttle in the turns. 8)
17. Be sure not to let your friends place/remove their own luggage/items in the trunk....you do it. It's very easy to scratch the top of the rear bumper! :roll:
18. Chicks dig the chrome shifter ball. :wink:
19. Microfiber cloths for ,body,windows and interior are your friends!
20. Don't put more than 2 bodies in the trunk with the Tein springs ...the low ride will be too suspicious! :lol:
1. http://www.xpel.com - you can find locations for installers etc.jcatral14 said:Questions:
1. Where do you get Xpel.
7. What's the bypass switch for?
12. Distilled water????? Are you serious? Whats wrong with Evian? :lol:
13. What's the deal with ArmorAll? :crazy:
And finally where can I get the leather? cover for the chrome ball shifter?