Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this got to be the worse thing about IS300
I have no complains about anything else in this car except for the poor quality of leather seats. I have the car for about a year now and the interior already look like I had it for 6 years. There is no problem w/ escain or plastic pieces, but the leather just get all wrinkled and nasty looking. The steering wheel leather start to crack a bit.
I went to the dealer to sit in the RX300 and the leather in the car is definitely higher quality. It doesn't get all wrinkled and nasty after 1 or 2 sittings.
conclusion: the leather sucks monkey ballz, they should improve the quality of the leather seats. I think I will get my seats rewrapped w/ higher quality leather in a couple years.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, it was good for me too for the first 2 months, but don't you think it should last you a bit longer than that? look at merc leather, it last forever.sit on it for 10 years and it will probably still look like new.

Originally posted by BoYiE:
My car is new abd my leather is quite good!

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
same with other lexus model cars. RX300, SC430, ES300, etc. their leather are much stronger, nicer than ours. Might as well make the seats all escain instead of putting in cheap a$$ low quality leather.

Even my palm m100 case got higher quality leather dammit. May be this is why people sell their IS300 so early.

[ April 22, 2001: Message edited by: chromaplast ]

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Just curious...how often do you use a good quality leather cleaner and conditioner (e.g., Lexol), if ever?

chroma, you said after you got your car cleaned, the leather looked not-like-new...maybe the cleaners used a sh!tty leather cleaner/conditioner. I know that using Lexol doesn't f*ck leather up like some of the crappier conditioners.

[ April 22, 2001: Message edited by: JW ]

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
negative. The leather got screwed up before I even took it there. It wrinkles when you put pressure on it. If you don't believe me try openning the door and sit with your legs out the door for 3 mins. now tell me if it looks nice and smooth like before.
I looked into some other guy's car at 5k mi service and he has the same thing. Wrinkles/cracks on the leather (espescially on front seats) . we don't have tubings around the seats. (black seats)

Originally posted by JW:
Just curious...how often do you use a good quality leather cleaner and conditioner (e.g., Lexol), if ever?

chroma, you said after you got your car cleaned, the leather looked not-like-new...maybe the cleaners used a sh!tty leather cleaner/conditioner. I know that using Lexol doesn't f*ck leather up like some of the crappier conditioners.

[ April 22, 2001: Message edited by: JW ]

·
Registered
25 Posts
isnt that covered under warranty? i know on the CL that has heppened to people and the acura dealer just re-did the seats for free

·
Registered
200 Posts
Not only the CL. BMW 330 owners are complaining, too, from what I read on the BMW forums.

I'm in the TEG and sacremon interior group, BTW

·
Registered
179 Posts
Personally, I didn't wanna throw another 2 grand out just for some silly heated seats and escaine. Glad I got the cloth hearing these bad things about the leather. Low maintenance seats and longetivity are great!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Amen! I actually scratched the "finish" off the leather in a little spot while vacuuming the seats. Whatever you do, don't let the button on your back pocket catch the back of the front seat on your way in. Whoa!!! Talk about a scratch...
The toughness of my GS-300 seats are way better than the IS's. Believeme, I have Lexol'd plenty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
11 Participants
gebo
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing