Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 98 Mustang GT Convertible and with only 34k miles on it the clutch is going, sway bar has broken, etc.

I am looking at the IS300s and I really like them. I have always driven stick but I drove the IS and its fine with the auto.

Basically what I am looking for is what you guys pay for leases? 2 years? 3 years? How much down, how much a month? I'm in Southern California

If you could email me at [email protected] or [email protected] I would appriciate it. Thanks.

------------------

Jeffs Mustang

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just recently leased my IS300 (3 days ago!) for $1875 down (this included tax, title, plates, reg and first month)and I am paying 400/mo for a fully loaded SBM ($35,390 MSRP + spolier). It is a 39 month lease with 12k per year. Additional miles are 15 cents. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
62 Posts
How did you get that?!! And where are you?
I was just quoted:

39 month lease, 15KMiles year w/ $2,500 down (taxes, tags fist payment)= $476 month

Same with $7300 down = $327 month!

Chris

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
That's right. The december to remember event is here, and they're offering some awesome deals. My dealer recently told me that you can lease an IS300 for $413/month, with $2050 down (due at lease inception), for 39 months, 12,000 miles/year.
That's without negotiating. So I figure the monthly figure could easily be brought down to $400/month.
This is for a fully loaded IS300.
I'm on the East coast, but Lexus is offering similar deals all over the country.
Good luck.
black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
62 Posts
I honestly do not know how you guys are getting those prices. I just spoke to two Lexus dealers in my area and they said that those figures are almost impossible. One guy is leasing his own IS300 for more than that and he WORKS at the dealer!

What are the exact details of your cars?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was at a Lexus dealer yesterday, and I was quoted the following:

39 month lease at $475 a month (NJ 6% tax included)
15,000 miles a year

Bank Fee 450.00
1st Payment 475.00
Motor Vehicle Fee 237.50

Total at inception $1,162.50

Now I have no idea how they get these lease payments. According to the guys chart, the residual was 62%, and the money factor 0.00343. So you do the math. I did, and I got much higher payments than the ones I was quoted.

So my question is, what do they do to get the payments down. Do they calculate a lower money factor into the formula? Discount the sticker price? I have no idea, but I would like to know, so whoever comes up with the answer please let me know.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok..you New Jersey guys must be getting some crazy rates.

My dealers here are not near yours in pricing. They can come close int he monthly payments, but then the initial downpayment is more!

Damn. One of the guys told me that NJ has some strange situations with they way the cars taxes are handled and this might be the reason for the lower costs.

wow.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I leased the car in the Miami area. Toyota/Lexus has a great lease program for the IS but you have to have the minimum Beacon score of 700. I really dont know how they do it because I talked to 3 other banks and they quoted me much higher rates. My IS300 has everything + spoiler w/o the gold. For some reason, Fl is not doing good selling the IS. I think I can count only 2 other ones I have seen in the past month. Of course every other car is a 330, or a Jag, or a Boxter...and so on. I just want to know where an eighteen year old (my next door neighboor)has enough money for a Type-S Boxter. Gotta love Miami. I can give you the dealers name and number if you want.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I believe the taxes in NJ are calculated on the difference between the adjusted cap cost (what the car sold at) and the residual value.

Let's say the dealer's best offer on a car was $10,000, and the residual for a 36 month lease was 50%. That's $10,000-$5000 = $5000. 6% of that is $300/36 = $8.33 <-- That's your monthly tax payment.

I think I did this right, if I didn't, feel free to correct me. :)

Now, for the NJ people, who can tell me how they get the lease payments so low???

·
Registered
348 Posts
MOFO614...try going to prestige and ask for Jane Toledano and she get you a good deal..any inside info please reply back to me....later

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
flipside
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing