Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone.
ive had my 2001 for a while now. and just recently, i noticed that while driving around at lower speeds (20-45mph) i hear this squeaking sound/ high pitched chirping sound. At first i thought it might be from the PLP heat shield (i have the newer edition that is made from one piece and folded and then welded). I opened the hood and took a look at it and everything still looks good though. I have heard this squeaking/ chirping sound before and was just wondering if, at times, any one else has heard/experienced this sound too. With the radio on, you couldnt hear it. You would have to drive with it off and actually listen for it. Maybe its just me and im hearing things? thanks

the only suspension mod i have is hotchkis sway bars, however, i have heard this chirping sound before the sways, so i know its not the sway bars. what it almost sounds like to me is the stock suspension chirping when i drive average over ligthly bumpy roads.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I have stock suspension, but it still make squeaking noise at very low speed (10-20MPH). :(

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kev IS300 said:
I have stock suspension, but it still make squeaking noise at very low speed (10-20MPH). :(
how would you describe the sound? i liken it to how a bird sounds in the early morning.. what about you?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
dpatterson069 said:
Kev IS300 said:
how would you describe the sound? i liken it to how a bird sounds in the early morning.. what about you?
hmm.. it sounds like driving without release the handbrake. actually, I have this noise only when I making turns at 10-20MPH.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm.. i only have it while driving straight at times.. sometimes its fine. at other times its a bit squeaky.. wierd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts