Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So don't buy it, OK?

- Filburt
Frustrated, prospective IS300 buyer who does not want to pay MSRP (less demand translates to better price)

[This message has been edited by Filburt (edited June 13, 2000).]

·
Registered
91 Posts
You are like me.. dont want to pay MSRP.. so be like me and wait. should be able to deal in price around october or november.

------------------
'00 Civic Si
'99 BMW M3

·
Registered
14,190 Posts
In response to better prices by October? I originally heard Lexus was selling 25,000 IS's this year, then later I heard it was only gonna be 9,000 for this year. Don't you think the price has a less likely chance of dropping by the fall, especially if the vehicle sells well and production doesn't increase? By the way, although your M-3 cost several thousand more, how do you think the IS-300 will compare??

Also, I wonder which vehicle the person who refers to the is-300 as junk, drives now?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally posted by Michael:
In response to better prices by October? I originally heard Lexus was selling 25,000 IS's this year, then later I heard it was only gonna be 9,000 for this year. Don't you think the price has a less likely chance of dropping by the fall, especially if the vehicle sells well and production doesn't increase? By the way, although your M-3 cost several thousand more, how do you think the IS-300 will compare??

Also, I wonder which vehicle the person who refers to the is-300 as junk, drives now?
well I have noted in my previous posts that it wouldnt.. I am just replacing my daily driver car. A POS '00 Civic Si. After Driving the Is300 I was impressed. I have told the dealership to call me once they can move on the price.. then they started to give me a line of bull.. how it will never and bla bla bla. I then explained to them how much I paid for my other cars and even showed them the sales invoice. They almost crap in their pants. $32.5K for a M3 and $16.2K for a Civic Si. So I said if you can get me a deal like this then we can deal now. they said the most off he would give me is $500 of MSRP.. so I walked off and then they came back and said $1000 off and we will give you top dollar for my trade-in. I laughed since they forgot I am going to sell my car private party to get most dollar out.. I know they could lowball my car then say they gave me a discount on the IS300. So that is what I am going to do. I check places like carsdirect.com. once they offer lower prices then I will walk in to the dealer and show them what others are selling them for and say match or lose business.

------------------
'00 Civic Si
'99 BMW M3

·
Registered
14,190 Posts
QUOTE]
well I have noted in my previous posts that it wouldnt.. I am just replacing my daily driver car. A POS '00 Civic Si. After Driving the Is300 I was impressed. I have told the dealership to call me once they can move on the price.. then they started to give me a line of bull.. how it will never and bla bla bla. I then explained to them how much I paid for my other cars and even showed them the sales invoice. They almost crap in their pants. $32.5K for a M3 and $16.2K for a Civic Si. So I said if you can get me a deal like this then we can deal now. they said the most off he would give me is $500 of MSRP.. so I walked off and then they came back and said $1000 off and we will give you top dollar for my trade-in. I laughed since they forgot I am going to sell my car private party to get most dollar out.. I know they could lowball my car then say they gave me a discount on the IS300. So that is what I am going to do. I check places like carsdirect.com. once they offer lower prices then I will walk in to the dealer and show them what others are selling them for and say match or lose business.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm mesmorized. $32.5 for an M3? Was that through carsdirect.com? That's tremendous. I know at priceline.com the IS300 recommended price is about $32,500 completely loaded. Of course no guarantees any dealer would part with one for that amt. But it's a rough figure priceline throws out there. Any ideas on how I can get top dollar for my 97 es-300 with 50-thousand miles on it? It's a great car, but I just crave the new IS. Kbb.com says it's worth $20,500 for trade. I think dealers will only give about $18,500 on trade.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally posted by Michael:
QUOTE]
Wow, I'm mesmorized. $32.5 for an M3? Was that through carsdirect.com? That's tremendous. I know at priceline.com the IS300 recommended price is about $32,500 completely loaded. Of course no guarantees any dealer would part with one for that amt. But it's a rough figure priceline throws out there. Any ideas on how I can get top dollar for my 97 es-300 with 50-thousand miles on it? It's a great car, but I just crave the new IS. Kbb.com says it's worth $20,500 for trade. I think dealers will only give about $18,500 on trade.
Well you are always better off selling your car to a private person by puting an ad in the paper. What KBB tells ya is never near what they will pay ya for your car. If you take the Trade-in value v.s. The retail value then you can somewhat see about a $2K difference. Well if you can sell it then that $2k is in your pocket. It is harder and takes time yet to me it is worth all the work and time. It takes an average of 2 weeks to sell and the paperwork along with that.
FYI the M3 was at Real Dealer Cost. Friend of mine owns a few dealerships and gave it to me at Invoice - Holdback-ad costs.. i did pay for additional shipping since it was delivered to Florida.

------------------
'00 Civic Si
'99 BMW M3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts