Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So don't buy it, OK?

- Filburt
Frustrated, prospective IS300 buyer who does not want to pay MSRP (less demand translates to better price)

[This message has been edited by Filburt (edited June 13, 2000).]

·
Registered
91 Posts
You are like me.. dont want to pay MSRP.. so be like me and wait. should be able to deal in price around october or november.

------------------
'00 Civic Si
'99 BMW M3

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
In response to better prices by October? I originally heard Lexus was selling 25,000 IS's this year, then later I heard it was only gonna be 9,000 for this year. Don't you think the price has a less likely chance of dropping by the fall, especially if the vehicle sells well and production doesn't increase? By the way, although your M-3 cost several thousand more, how do you think the IS-300 will compare??

Also, I wonder which vehicle the person who refers to the is-300 as junk, drives now?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally posted by Michael:
In response to better prices by October? I originally heard Lexus was selling 25,000 IS's this year, then later I heard it was only gonna be 9,000 for this year. Don't you think the price has a less likely chance of dropping by the fall, especially if the vehicle sells well and production doesn't increase? By the way, although your M-3 cost several thousand more, how do you think the IS-300 will compare??

Also, I wonder which vehicle the person who refers to the is-300 as junk, drives now?
well I have noted in my previous posts that it wouldnt.. I am just replacing my daily driver car. A POS '00 Civic Si. After Driving the Is300 I was impressed. I have told the dealership to call me once they can move on the price.. then they started to give me a line of bull.. how it will never and bla bla bla. I then explained to them how much I paid for my other cars and even showed them the sales invoice. They almost crap in their pants. $32.5K for a M3 and $16.2K for a Civic Si. So I said if you can get me a deal like this then we can deal now. they said the most off he would give me is $500 of MSRP.. so I walked off and then they came back and said $1000 off and we will give you top dollar for my trade-in. I laughed since they forgot I am going to sell my car private party to get most dollar out.. I know they could lowball my car then say they gave me a discount on the IS300. So that is what I am going to do. I check places like carsdirect.com. once they offer lower prices then I will walk in to the dealer and show them what others are selling them for and say match or lose business.

------------------
'00 Civic Si
'99 BMW M3

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
QUOTE]
well I have noted in my previous posts that it wouldnt.. I am just replacing my daily driver car. A POS '00 Civic Si. After Driving the Is300 I was impressed. I have told the dealership to call me once they can move on the price.. then they started to give me a line of bull.. how it will never and bla bla bla. I then explained to them how much I paid for my other cars and even showed them the sales invoice. They almost crap in their pants. $32.5K for a M3 and $16.2K for a Civic Si. So I said if you can get me a deal like this then we can deal now. they said the most off he would give me is $500 of MSRP.. so I walked off and then they came back and said $1000 off and we will give you top dollar for my trade-in. I laughed since they forgot I am going to sell my car private party to get most dollar out.. I know they could lowball my car then say they gave me a discount on the IS300. So that is what I am going to do. I check places like carsdirect.com. once they offer lower prices then I will walk in to the dealer and show them what others are selling them for and say match or lose business.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm mesmorized. $32.5 for an M3? Was that through carsdirect.com? That's tremendous. I know at priceline.com the IS300 recommended price is about $32,500 completely loaded. Of course no guarantees any dealer would part with one for that amt. But it's a rough figure priceline throws out there. Any ideas on how I can get top dollar for my 97 es-300 with 50-thousand miles on it? It's a great car, but I just crave the new IS. Kbb.com says it's worth $20,500 for trade. I think dealers will only give about $18,500 on trade.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally posted by Michael:
QUOTE]
Wow, I'm mesmorized. $32.5 for an M3? Was that through carsdirect.com? That's tremendous. I know at priceline.com the IS300 recommended price is about $32,500 completely loaded. Of course no guarantees any dealer would part with one for that amt. But it's a rough figure priceline throws out there. Any ideas on how I can get top dollar for my 97 es-300 with 50-thousand miles on it? It's a great car, but I just crave the new IS. Kbb.com says it's worth $20,500 for trade. I think dealers will only give about $18,500 on trade.
Well you are always better off selling your car to a private person by puting an ad in the paper. What KBB tells ya is never near what they will pay ya for your car. If you take the Trade-in value v.s. The retail value then you can somewhat see about a $2K difference. Well if you can sell it then that $2k is in your pocket. It is harder and takes time yet to me it is worth all the work and time. It takes an average of 2 weeks to sell and the paperwork along with that.
FYI the M3 was at Real Dealer Cost. Friend of mine owns a few dealerships and gave it to me at Invoice - Holdback-ad costs.. i did pay for additional shipping since it was delivered to Florida.

------------------
'00 Civic Si
'99 BMW M3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
BatuKing
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing