Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 IS300. On the driver's side door, it unlocks automatically if you pull the handle from the inside even if its locked. On the front passenger door, it doesn't do that so my passenger would have to manually unlock the door before pulling the handle.

The passenger door was worked on last month and i noticed it a few days after getting the car back.

Is this normal? I tried to look for some kind of child safety lock switch on the sides of the door but couldn't find it and i thought they were only for the rear doors.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Even when the door is locked, when you pull the interior handle it should unlock like your driver's door. There's a linkage inside I believe and it sounds like the installation on the passenger door lock mechanism wasn't attached right, or is broken. You might want to pull the door panel to check it's operation. Child locks are for the rears only.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok great that's what i thought. I thought i was taking crazy pills when i saw it wasn't working.

I think the linkage between the door handle and lock broke as the door took a collision and this was the same internal door handle from the old door. Everything else works fine, inside/outside handles, electronic lock/lock actuator, etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, ive been looking for this feature in my IS300 for so long, i have a IS300 2001 and i wish to retrofit the 2004 unlock feature in my car but im not sure which parts to buy as everyone online sells the handle only. If you have a 2004 or up. can u show me how the internal door unlock feature works? thanks much appreciate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts