Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you think that North America is the only place to have IS300, think again. Hong Kong's only dealer of Lexus, Crown Motors Ltd., have annouiced(sp.) to release the IS300 in Hong Kong. It's be the same IS300 we get over here. It'll be availble only with auto 5 (correct me if i'm wrong).
For more info, goto Crown motors's homepage and check it out.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I think someone - a long time ago- mentioned about the coming of IS300 for Australia as well as Europe market

[ August 18, 2001: Message edited by: mystic ]

·
Registered
67 Posts
ya.. i went back to hk (i live in canada) and i notice that there is Toyota Altezza.. and Lexus Is200.. but i am not sure if they have is300 yet..

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The IS300 was primarly for NA (bigger engine for freeway driving, etc.) Obviously the idea would pass on to other regions of the world. But NA was the first country to have it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to a lexus carshow today where they've placed a IS300... It's almost identical with our NA 2002 IS300... but without the new rear view mirror.... the price is about HK$330,000... about US$42,000...

[ August 19, 2001: Message edited by: 2JZ-GE ]

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
HK has outrageous taxes you have to pay for cars.....

No autodimmed mirrors?? Anything else that's different than the NA version??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
110% to be excact...

In Hong Kong... you can tell the dealer to install the TRD kit for you.... which is why there's sooooooo many TRD altezza running on the street.... I'm starting to get sick and tried of the kit now....

Oh.. BTW... IS300 will be availble in japan too... but only the sportx version... but they got the 4wd version..

·
Registered
70 Posts
well, not as bad as it is in the Philippines. Typically pay 50% more than what you'd pay for in North America. Take a RAV4 for example.. it cost Peso1.4Million. That's like Cdn$41000.. more or less what I paid for a C240.

And then if you import your own car (gray-market).. then oh-boy.. it's gonna hurt.

Originally posted by 2JZ-GE:
I went to a lexus carshow today where they've placed a IS300... It's almost identical with our NA 2002 IS300... but without the new rear view mirror.... the price is about HK$330,000... about US$42,000...

[ August 19, 2001: Message edited by: 2JZ-GE ]

·
Registered
759 Posts
Taiwan is going to get the IS300? I'd go buy one there too, hehe.

I'm not sure about other countries but in Taiwan, one of the main reasons its so expensive is because of the bilateral trade deficit which is in favor of Japan. In order for Taiwan to protect herself, higher import taxes are put up. Japanese companies such as Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc. try to get around this buy building their cars in North America and shipping them to Taiwan. Recently, instead of that, many companies have set up factories in Taiwan which amazes me. Taiwan has now begun using that same technology and upon furthur R&D, who knows. A car made in Taiwan which I'd think would be weird. Wonder why China doesn't make cars. Given its not as industrailized in places but its HUGE!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pokerFACE, when i say 110%, i mean 110% ON TOP OF the orignal price... which is a double plus 10%... I hate HK goverment (Just kidding
) Gas price in HK is high too... almost double...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts