Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to my.is member kramps for this tutorial. As with all ECU related electronics, remember to solder rather than use standard electrical connectors, this provides a better connection for voltage based sensors as well as resistance to vibrating loose over time.

NOTE: You need to keep the original o2 sensor in the car still, you can either leave them threaded into their bosses or just tuck them away. This tutorial will disable their actual reading when you substitute the sim for the sensor. However, you still need the heater signal from the o2 sensor.
We used the universal dual o2sim from o2simulator.com. From all the threads i read a lot of people are confused on how to install it. So i took some pictures for a visual. Before you install make sure you take off the negative connection on the battery to prevent a short circuit

Use this as a guide
2001 pinouts

2002+ pin outs

1) Ground: splice the black ground wire from the o2 simulator into the ground wire in the ECU harness.
2) Power: splice the red +12v power wire from the o2 simulator into the power wire in the ECU harness.
3) Signal Wires: cut the white wires in the ECU harness matching the signal wires in the wiring diagram. Tape off the end that goes to the sensor. Attach the white signal wires from the o2 simulator to the two white wires that terminate in the ECU.

I recommend
-that you solder the connections than use the butt connectors because mine got loose overtime.
-using extra wire just incase you cut a wire to loose

If you did it right a green light should blink when the car is on "on"
Pretty simple when you think about it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey, which O2 simulator is a good match for the 2002 IS 300?... and should I run dual or single?... Those are some things that I'm confused about... Also, could you point me to the direction where I can get a decent Sim?... Thanks..

·
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
36 Posts
Main O2

What would you use for the main O2 sensor, since where I live there is no emissions testing? Or is it even plausible and is it still working for you?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ya smart one. Pull the main O2 sensors too?!?
I think you need to do some more reading up on vehicles before you start modding. Main O2 sensors are for the ECU to help determine the correct air/fuel ratio. Pull them and let me know how much faster your car goes?!?
Don't waste our time!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just to make sure.

I "tap" the power and ground wire, and "cut" the o2 signal wire, correct?
Also I have an '03, so I should use the universal dual output, correct?

Thank you.

TonyN

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
If I will be using an e-manage ultamite with PNP harness, how do I integrate or splice this o2 sensor delete?

thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts