Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 04 IS300 that I recently swapped out the front windshield. Since then I've noticed that my headlights stay on for far longer than is normal and double locking the car wont turn them off either. I saw some other people having issues and they were saying that a improperly sealed windshield will cause water to leak into the headlight relay area and will cause damage and the exact same problems I'm experiencing.

Thus, does anyone know where the said relay is located? Are they talking about the fuse box in front of the battery or are they talking about something directly under the windshield somewhere around the steering column?

Also, sometimes I'm having trouble with the car recognizing me opening the door. Sometimes when I unlock the door and get into the car through the driver door and sit there, the car doors will all lock again by itself as if I didn't open any doors. Opening the driver door after pulling the key also wont unlock all four doors anymore. Could the door issue and the headlight issue be linked? They both started in the last couple months. (since replacing the windshield)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts