Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at a loss. All of a sudden, now every time I turn my headlight switch on, my trunk pops open.
I thought maybe I just have to reset my computer, so I disconnected my battery for a good hour, but it's still doing it.
I also noticed that my trunk light is now staying on even when the latch is in the closed position. This is going to drain my battery.
It's annoying, but I have to disconnect my battery every time now.
Does anyone know what could be causing this or how to fix?
Will taking out the trunk bulb be a good temporary remedy to stop the battery from draining?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at the wires in my trunk and found this.
I accidentally drilled through the wires when I was drilling the new holes to mount my Altezza wing.
I think this is the cause.
Is this something that I can fix or do I have to replace?

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
That would be your problem, all rear lighting involves usually a green positive and white/black negative. You can cut back that black plastic wire sheath and butt splice the wires with butt crimps and tape them up real good. But I would personally go the BEST route which would be to solder the wires back together using solder and heat shrink. Honestly, everything should always be soldered on a car, they will outlast a crimped on butt splice.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
This would've been a nice April fools prank lol.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hmm yepp theres youre problem, if you where thinking backwards and thought of what you had done to your car and what the symptoms are it shouldn´t have taken you so long time to find out this by yourself without starting this topic I guess ;)

I had a "wierd" electrical problem with the aftermarket stereo in my Sportcross when I bought it, the stereo turned off when I turned on the lights.
Previous owner had cut off all factory cables and connectors, then placed the ground on one of the cables that dim the lights in the standard stereo. Just had to make a new ground and then it worked fine :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts