Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Steve Normore, manager of Calgary Lexus, the car has the Supra engine. A fellow in the area purchased the car and modified it to have 700 HP on it. For more information, he can be reached at WWW.stampede-toyota.com

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yeah - the engine has definate mod potential.

$$$, time and legal restrictions are some of the main reasons why a limited number of IS300 owners will consider "upgrades" like that.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
How much weaker are the driveline components in the IS300 compared to a NA Supra? There are turbo kits for the NA Supra, I don't know how much power that makes though.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'd like to get a turbo/supercharger setup if the installation was really clean, the design was well thought out, and it was warrantied.. Like if it can be done by my local Lexus dealer, that would seal the deal for me.

--k

[This message has been edited by chiem (edited October 09, 2000).]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
According to Lexus, if you get an intake/exhaust mod. The warranty would be valid except for the new parts portion. However, if turbo is put in, warranty would be void.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yeah, the IS300 has a higher compression ratio than the turbo supra. One "trick" a turbo kit could do is to use a taller metal head gasket to reduce the compression ratio without the need to replace pistons (etc).

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
problem with adding a taller head gasket is you weaken that section significantly and that will most likely be the first part that will let go when you start to increase boost. But it is much cheaper than replacing piston and heads, so I guess it is not a bad idea if you don't go for high boost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Daniel
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing