Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd appreciate it if IS300 owners would post the average Miles Per Gallon you have been getting in your vehicle. I'm in the market to purchase one, however the low reported MPG (18 city/23 highway) is a concern.

FYI: the heavier Lexus GS300 lists a better MPG than the IS300. How could this be if they share the same powerplant and the only major output peformance is the slightly more restrictive exhaust in the IS?

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have been getting about 19 miles per gallon. That is both city and highway driving.

I am not to concerned about the gas milage.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Ovb,
In the grand scheme, does it really matter?

I'm too lazy to figure it out - but I would think 2 or 3 mpg could only cost you a couple hundred bucks a year if that.

If cash is that big of a deal you could buy a civic with the half electric engine that gets a gazillion mpg...

------------------
cardinal

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Even though they list the GS300 to have better mileage, I can tell you that it does not have better mileage in real life driving condition. Compare to my dad's GS, I am getting about 1mpg or so better than him. I can average about 19.8 or so in my car right now, unless I decide to have some fun.

·
Registered
344 Posts
After 4000 miles, I've been getting 23-24 mpg. Mostly freeway mileage (75%), don't drive too aggressively (not that I don't want to but usually have my wife or son in the car), and run the AC about 50% of time. Filling up with Chevron 92 octane.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Im getting about 250 miles a tank before my light comes on. I drive kinda aggressive. At $1.79 a gallon at takes about 28$ to fill from the light. One fillup I got about 175 by half a tank then about 100 on the second half. It all depends on how you drive! Or its all just in my head because I read this forum. Maybe I live on a hill?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Im getting about 250 miles a tank before my light comes on. I drive kinda aggressive. At $1.79 a gallon at takes about 28$ to fill from the light. One fillup I got about 175 by half a tank then about 100 on the second half. It all depends on how you drive! Or its all just in my head because I read this forum. Maybe I live on a hill?
sorry to bump up an 11 year old thread, I just had to quote the price of gas back in 2000!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Haha...damn!!! Now it's over $50 to fill for me. =(

Nice epic bump btw! lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Lol. $35-$38 for me and i fill when it gets to a quarter tank. I use mid grade gas though and plus get another 10 cents off a gallon

·
Registered
496 Posts
Avergage 400 per tank, 16.5 gallons per fillup ( i drive it til it's bone dry lol )
= 24 mpg
36-38 psi in the tires. C'mon people, higher gas mileage is free, its called air.
Crap this is an old thread, you got me. GRRRRRR

·
Registered
36 Posts
old thread for sure but seeing hows its been brought back around. i have a o2 with intake header and straight thru to the muffler running a o2 delete and im betting worse gas mileage now. compared to then when i had no delete resonator muffler and muffler wtf any theories

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've owned both cars and can honestly say that either car is amazing i get 19 mpg combined in the IS and the GS was not far off from that.... if your worried about mpg get a prius and ill use my power and lack of mpg to get you up to speed... YOU DONT BUY A LEXUS FOR MPG.

·
Banned
12,268 Posts
I've owned both cars and can honestly say that either car is amazing i get 19 mpg combined in the IS and the GS was not far off from that.... if your worried about mpg get a prius and ill use my power and lack of mpg to get you up to speed... YOU DONT BUY THIS LEXUS FOR MPG.
Fixed.

Buy it for the trouble free years to come.

·
Registered
471 Posts
i should have said you don't buy a 2jz Lexus for mpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Avergage 400 per tank, 16.5 gallons per fillup ( i drive it til it's bone dry lol )
Hi,

On my American/GM cars, I've been told by numerous people to try not go below 1/4 tank because the gasoline helps keep the fuel pump cool. Does this apply to our cars as well? I usually fill up around the half-way mark. :)

Thanks,
-will

·
Registered
471 Posts
idk if it applies to ours but driving a car to almost bone dry i hear is not good for your engine.

Hi,

On my American/GM cars, I've been told by numerous people to try not go below 1/4 tank because the gasoline helps keep the fuel pump cool. Does this apply to our cars as well? I usually fill up around the half-way mark. :)

Thanks,
-will

·
Registered
69 Posts
according to the road trip app on my iphone,

i'm averaging 22.15 mpg with city and hwy mixed (probably about 60%hwy)

it costs me 13.8 cents per mile
averaging 324.8 mi per fill-up. I go until just before the light turns on. The last mark before it turns on.
Including oil changes, wiper blades, emissions tests and whatnot, i'm averaging 1.7 cents per mile.

combined operating expenses (excluding insurance and payment) is 15.5 cents per mile.

2002 with an intake, 110k miles, and the water pump/timing belt/plugs service done at 93k before i purchased the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i get 23mpg at best on the highway with cruise control, 19 when I drive with a lead foot. And oddly, about the same in the city. 19 is worse I have ever calculated

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
About this Discussion
89 Replies
73 Participants
guitarplay162
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing