Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently build some schematics for my swap (building a custom harness). I came across the screen shot below that the fuel pump relay is shown (closed) in the diagram, anyone thing this is just a mistake I also looked at another diagram to confirm.

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
I think that relay sets the fuel pump voltage. It shunts voltage past the fuel pump resistor. Below a certain TPS threshold it’s like 6v (thru the resistor) and over the threshold it’s 12v (via the relay-resistor shunt). In the pic you posted, the relay coil is shown energized and applying 12v to the fuel pump. There’s a wire you can cut in the ecu box to keep it at 12v constantly, or you can jump the resistor out to accomplish the same. If you’re building a custom harness you can activate the COR with a lowside output from your Standalone. This way you can prime the fuel line when you turn the key to “on”. The standalone will allow you to send a X second prime pulse. The stock config won’t let it prime until the engine is cranking for safety reasons.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that relay sets the fuel pump voltage. It shunts voltage past the fuel pump resistor. Below a certain TPS threshold it’s like 6v (thru the resistor) and over the threshold it’s 12v (via the relay-resistor shunt). In the pic you posted, the relay coil is shown energized and applying 12v to the fuel pump. There’s a wire you can cut in the ecu box to keep it at 12v constantly, or you can jump the resistor out to accomplish the same. If you’re building a custom harness you can activate the COR with a lowside output from your Standalone. This way you can prime the fuel line when you turn the key to “on”. The standalone will allow you to send a X second prime pulse. The stock config won’t let it prime until the engine is cranking for safety reasons.
Hey thank you! That does help my plan was to run the trigger (ground from the standalone to pin #2 of the COR, and Pin #1 of the EFI Relay) I think would run Pin #1 of the COR right to the fuel pump by passing the stock fuel pump relay.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Sounds like it should work.

I did similarly on a single fuel pump before I ended up running new relay-controlled hot wires from the trunk-mounted battery to my staged fuel pump setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts