Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i didnt drive the car for a year sicne i got it back from the bodyshop, when i tried driving it on the freeway around 65mph it felt like the car why go left or right i have to hold the steering wheel with 2 hand and slow down to 40-50 i forgot. any1 know what casue the car that want to jsut spin out?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tire pressure is good checked. only happen when i go over mybe 50+?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think my front alignment is green but rear alignment is red. will the rear affect it?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I would also check your sway bar endlinks.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright i putted the car into the alignment machine again and the front toe is off again. seems like the front toe always off i forgot to get the paper for the alignment i'll mybe get it on monday when i go to work.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heres my alignment paper i did not do the toe or camber yet just double checked all my suspension part and saw that my passenger side lower control arm bushing half missing and my rear driver side is leaking. i'll replace those two part before doing the alignment

·
Registered
573 Posts
Fix the bushings before you go back to the alignment shop. Search for No. 1 and No.2 arms on this forum and you'll see that it's very common for the No.2 to go out, which affects your Caster/Camber and Toe of your alignment. Figs for aftermarket polyurethane (not really a difference in ride harshness) or MOOG/whatever for aftermarket OEM spec.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oky jsut changed out my no1 lower control arm and rear strut and when i changing out the no1 lower control arm i found out that the no2 lower control arm is badly worn out. from just underneath looking at it it looks good but when changing out the no1 control arm moving it up and down you can see it was worn out very bad. ordered lower control arm and will do alignment after.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
k after installing rear driver side shock and passenger #1 and #2 lower control arm the car feel much safer to drive on freeway just little bit steering wheel loose when hitting bumps on freeway. heres my alignment after everything

·
Registered
573 Posts
The Camber and Toe look good in the front, but the Castor is pretty bad on the LF compared to the RF (5.5 vs 8.2 degrees). That will affect how the car wanders on the highway.

The rear also has a toe issue. LR is ok, but the RR has a negative value. I bet your adjuster or frame mount for the RR toe link is buggered. I'd get some rear toe links from Megan Racing or Figs to clear that up (these have way more adjustment compared to stock).

That picture is in black and white, if it actually has color on it I bet some of those values are showing red.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts