Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey peeps.....just joined in, just bought an is300, but i also have a 95 civic ex.......i was wondering if the is3 engine and tranny would fit into my civic?has ne body ever done this swap before, i think it would be sweet! tell me what u guys and gals think about all this? :D

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
LMAO

try it,

be the first.........

David

·
Registered
38 Posts
is3z1st said:
hey peeps.....just joined in, just bought an is300, but i also have a 95 civic ex.......i was wondering if the is3 engine and tranny would fit into my civic?has ne body ever done this swap before, i think it would be sweet! tell me what u guys and gals think about all this? :)
Yeah it would bolt right in... I'm actually in the middle of fitting a Ford Festiva swap into my '03 360 Modena.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Wait a minute.

You just bought a brand new IS300, and you want to cannabalize it to chop the engine and transmission into a CIVIC?! WHAT THE FUCK!?

I mean, first off, why the fuck would you ruin a brand new car? Why the fuck would you choose to put a Lexus (Toyota) engine into a Civic? And why the fuck would you buy a brand new IS300 for a swap when you can get a Supra engine and tranny, capable of far more power in the same exact size, for $10000 or less!?!?!? WHAT THE FUCK!

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Man i wish i had no life at all so i can post dumb topics on IS300.net....if only i was that much of a loser...Hey i think Imma spend 20k + with Toyomoto .....turbo my IS300 engine then Imma put the motor into a Suzuki Swift :lol: This guys an idiot...
-Matt

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Aubie83 said:
Leeno said:
Troll/alt-nic :roll:
Exactly.
OMG, I feel like such an idiot. :oops: Well, I am an idiot, but I feel like MORE of one now.

Normally I always look at post counts for stupid shit like this, I don't know how I missed it this time.

·
Registered
219 Posts
please for the love of all humanity in the 2jz world do not even think of doing this.

YOU ALREADY TOOK OUR TAIL LIGHTS WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? :pissed:

·
13,978 Posts
the is3z-1st is a good engine. you should check into that.

you can make MUCH MORE power with that engine than the other ones mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
First off, how do you know he might not want to buy an engine and put it into the honduh?

You guys never kno if this is legit or an altnick, but you are sure mean to people!

David

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i don't care, he is either an alt nic or a very stupid sincere person

to put an inline 6 and our auto or manual trans into a honda, it would be 10 feet wide, it is a pipe dream at best, and probably just a troll, and since i doubt he is that dumb, he is going to get troll treatment

-gte

is300soon said:
First off, how do you know he might not want to buy an engine and put it into the honduh?

You guys never kno if this is legit or an altnick, but you are sure mean to people!

David

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
IS300GTE said:
i don't care, he is either an alt nic or a very stupid sincere person

to put an inline 6 and our auto or manual trans into a honda, it would be 10 feet wide, it is a pipe dream at best, and probably just a troll, and since i doubt he is that dumb, he is going to get troll treatment

-gte

is300soon said:

David

Anything can be done, Why not help him, instead of rape him in the ass?

dAvid

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks dave i appreciate ur welcome and being so nice, too bad there is not more people in the is world like you, non to less in this forum, lol to reply on a couple of ur posts im doing it for the shear fun of modify a car, money is not a thing when ur me, i guess some people dont have that option, but the point is, the is3 is way heavy car, but has strong engine, drop that thing into a leight a$$ civic, oh man, the speed and the hp would be off the hook, and since i would probly be the first to do this, supra engines are just too original, too many have those things, ya i have the tail lights on it already, but the sway would be sick as hell, but u people should be a lil more nice to newbie like me, its kinda sad that only 1 person was welcoming outta all of you :shame:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what is the thing with troll treatment?? i was re-reading this and saw this troll B.S.? do u guys like to molest/seduce trolls or something? that is pretty sick :noway: getta life, work on cars

·
Registered
235 Posts
is3z1st said:
thanks dave i appreciate ur welcome and being so nice, too bad there is not more people in the is world like you, non to less in this forum, lol to reply on a couple of ur posts im doing it for the shear fun of modify a car, money is not a thing when ur me, i guess some people dont have that option, but the point is, the is3 is way heavy car, but has strong engine, drop that thing into a leight a$$ civic, oh man, the speed and the hp would be off the hook, and since i would probly be the first to do this, supra engines are just too original, too many have those things, ya i have the tail lights on it already, but the sway would be sick as hell, but u people should be a lil more nice to newbie like me, its kinda sad that only 1 person was welcoming outta all of you :shame:
well the only reason why people are bashin you is cuz
1) you sound like an idiot for trying chop up an is300.
2) you sound like an idiot for trying to put an is300 engine into a civic.
3) you sound like an idiot.

and this is an is300 enthusiast website... we hate the fact that u want to take anything from a lexus and put into a honda
ESPecially ALTEZZA LIGHTS! :bitching: :shame:
and if money isn't an issue. why not just modify the is300... slap on a turbo
the is300 body can take a hell lot more power then a dinky civic

but thats why they are irritated by you... so watch out.. their meaner than i am... i'm nice :lol:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
is3z, to do that kinda swap with tranny, engine and ecu would cost you more than your 2 cars combined! That's why people are jumping on you. Hey if you're rich then do whatever floats your boat. It isn't gonna be an "I'll just drop a b18 into my civic job." You're gonna have to modify the sh!t outta the civic in the engine bay & chasis to fit the I6. Which will probably give a weight ratio of something like 80/20 now. Remember the I6 is mounted horizontally so that means you'll have to extend the entire front of your civic.

Then comes the tranny, since the IS300 is RWD you'll have to modify your civic (if you want RWD). As you can see it's gonna be a custom job and you could be looking at alot of $$$$$$$$ to get this done (and I mean alot). I had a little custom job done just to install a custom pod and it cost $1800 and you want to do this kinda swap, OMFG :eek:

That is why people are so pissed, anyone with even a small inkling about cars would have stopped themselves before even asking this question.

Did you really think it was gonna be, Oh I'll just have my friends pull the engine, ecu, tranny, wiring from the IS300 and drop it into my civic and I'll just buy a couple of six packs, some pizza for the weekend job.

Like I said if you have the money to burn and waste go ahead! It's your money.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts