Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I have been having a problem with my 5 speed Manual IS. When the car is in idle it has a rough shake. When the a/c is on it gets worse. I open the hood and you can visibly see the engine shaking. Now, when I put some acceleration while the car is in neutral the engine doesn’t shake. So anything above 1000 rpm the engine doesn’t shake. It does a weird thing when the rpm drops below 1000 rpm it’s gets really rough until it’s gets to about 750-500 rpm. It seems to get better in between 750-500 rpm. I know the car should not be idling at 500 rpm so that maybe be another issue you guys could help me with! BTW no check engine light
Below is what I have replaced on the is300 recently:

Spark plugs
Ignition coil
Ignition coil connectors
Valve cover gaskets
Cleaned throttle body and under the plate on top
Changed OCV
One engine mount
Catalytic converters

Please help! I love my IS

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No worries lol. I have good throttle response. The car goes no problem. It’s the idle that gets on my nerves

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No codes. It was running worse before I changed all the stuff. A year ago the car ran perfect. I left for a month. My family used my car. Came back and the clutch needed to be replaced. Along with the vibration. Got the clutch replaced. Now need to fix the vibration.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Might wanna talk to your family. Was the clutch bad before you left? Looks interesting, and not in a good way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No one knows what happened. The clutch was good. I had driven the car from Kansas City to South Carolina no problem a week before I left.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update:

Mechanic said it could possibly be the clutch was not put in right when replaced. Something to do with the synchronization of the transmission and clutch. Harmonic balancer looked good. Engine mounts looked good. Compression looked good. I will be taking it the mechanic to get the clutch replaced/synchronized on Monday. Wish the IS300 good luck on its procedure!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Update:

Mechanic said it could possibly be the clutch was not put in right when replaced. Something to do with the synchronization of the transmission and clutch. Harmonic balancer looked good. Engine mounts looked good. Compression looked good. I will be taking it the mechanic to get the clutch replaced/synchronized on Monday. Wish the IS300 good luck on its procedure!
I have heard of that. Things arent lined up during the install.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts