Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a total newb with car computer unless some reading that I've did. But I'd like to learn more. I'll explain my projects.

I'm planning on having a stage 1 turbo kit probably next year, but before that, I would like to make some good mods. I would like to reach atleast 300hp and have a clean car for every day driving. I'm not looking for mad power.

Now, I'm wondering if there is an aftermarket computer like the EMU that would get me some performance before the turbo and after. Plz explain your answer, Thx.

PS. I know reaching 300hp is pretty much impossible to reach without a turbo.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
SAFC and the e manage ultimate would work quite well for NA. There are a couple people who have used the EMU for boost as well. A catback exhaust would get you some sound for now and would be useable when you go turbo as well. An exhaust cam gear could help both now and later. Other than that there really isn't much.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly what I was planning to do. I have already replaced my clutch and my flywheel. Now I'm looking for a short shifter, an exhaust cam gear and probably the EMU. After that, I'll think about the turbo or maybe an exhaust and an intake.

Thx! I would +rep, but I can't since you are the last one that I rep. :)

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Are you looking at the Mazzuri super stage 1? Thats what I'm assuming since your goal of ~300rwhp.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Take a look at the MAP ECU II, we offer it and have a PnP Harness for either the 01' or 02-05'

This will work good for NA or Turbo applications, we have one here at the moment that were working on and going to be dynoing tomorrow with the MAP ECU II. This will allow you to adjust A/F and Timing. It will also allow you to have a nitrous setup, Knock Sensors, Fuel Cut, Speed Cut, and has a built in 3.5 Bar Map Sensor. We offer the Knock Sensor Kit, Boost Control Kit and more.

This thing is PERFECT for all of your applications and more and cant go wrong, it blows the Greddy Emanage out of the water. I would say this is the closest thing that you can get to paying for a Standalone but without all the hastle and headache of tuning because its so simplistic and easy to do your self!

Comes with all the hardware and software that you need to DIY. Also include a IAT Sensor if needed.

Let me know if you have any questions or go here to read more!

::pERFORMANCE MOTOR RESEARCH::

Thanks,
Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts