Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy,
A little new to the site but not to auto. Looking into the Srt 2.75 kit for the 05 I'm about to buy. Wondering how the manuals hold up to the job. I've read to switch to the Supra trans which is apparently "indestructable". But I'm wondering what I can get by with. Or how the auto holds up... or if at all. Thanks guys. I appreciate the input and any actualy stats instead of "how it feels" is really appreciated. Thanks again!

·
Registered
910 Posts
How long do you think this site has been here? Do you think that question of yours has been answered? Are you new to the internet?

Answer my stupid questions and I'll answer yours. Or you could just SEARCH like everyone else.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The V160 swap is the best way to go if you are planning on building the motor and setting your goals for some healthy power output. Many guys have had great luck with the R154 swap as well. the R154 is much less expensive and is very well documented throughout the forum. here is a very good write up on it,

http://my.is/forums/f114/r154-ultimate-auto-manual-swap-info-thread-379074/

The V160 alone used in unknown condition is going to cost at best from my looking about $3k+, then you will need the Pedal assembly, the manual Engine wiring harness, lines, clutch, etc.

I priced it out pretty meticulously and wound up alot higher then I was interested in going. I had calculated with the Clutch I wanted to run (Tilton which is silly expensive already) that I would have close to 8-9K invested before it was all said and done.

The SRT turbo kit is very nice, I have their Cast manifold version and the E-shift auto with mods done and so far at around 450rwhp everything is holding up fine. the car is very responsive and shifts crisp enough for now.

Good luck with your build, these cars are an absolute ball to drive with boost!

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Sarina! I've learned so much! Since I am new to the site I just learned about this thing you cal search. Lol man I'm just asking questions to learn. I'll search up and look for some answers thanks to everyone else for the advice. Hope you have a better day tomorrow Sarina!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.