Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2003 IS300 Sportcross, my downpipes where the 3rd small cat is, the area is leaking and I need help with what I should get, being in VA the laws are strict with emissions. What downpipes could I get that would improve performance? I was looking at megan but I heard I'd get a check engine, that would fail emissions.

·
3,925 Posts
So I have a 2003 IS300 Sportcross, my downpipes where the 3rd small cat is, the area is leaking and I need help with what I should get, being in VA the laws are strict with emissions. What downpipes could I get that would improve performance? I was looking at megan but I heard I'd get a check engine, that would fail emissions.
The 3rd cat is after the o2 sensor. So that is not a problem in removing it no cel code. Unless you are in California. If you are getting a 420 or 430 code. It is bad cat in the manifold.

·
Mr. Roo
10,084 Posts
I was looking at megan but I heard I'd get a check engine, that would fail emissions.
Anything like this will eliminate the cat and maybe be some "performance", otherwise, stock works fine. What are your leaks? Maybe you just need new gaskets. If the thing is rusting out, then it might be time to replace the whole system. I'm not sure if VA has visual inspection, but replacing /eliminating the third cat with the Megan part would not cause a CEL.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anything like this will eliminate the cat and maybe be some "performance", otherwise, stock works fine. What are your leaks? Maybe you just need new gaskets. If the thing is rusting out, then it might be time to replace the whole system. I'm not sure if VA has visual inspection, but replacing /eliminating the third cat with the Megan part would not cause a CEL.
My mechanic was removing the old o2 sensor to replace it, and he said it's too tight to remove, I asked him to still try and it was rusty, which it got cut off and put a hole in it, he asked me to buy a 3rd car downpipe for it, and he'll replace it for me.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,364 Posts
As mentioned above. If visual emissions test aren’t of any concern then you can simply cut that 3rd CAT off and replace it with a straight section. If that isn’t an option, check rockauto.com

They have the rear sections for sale from ~$300-$500

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good. If he broke off the O2 sensor and/or put a hole in the whole thing because of that, then yeah you need the whole piece. And maybe a new mechanic.
Haha, also just wondering aren't you the guy that has the blue is300? I think a saw a video of you on youtube and you posted it earlier on the forums, the one with the "MEWTWO" plates

·
Mr. Roo
10,084 Posts
I saw your headlights for sale, they are pretty great. If there still avaliable after a month or 2 I might consider purchasing but atm im trying to fix my cars issues before I start modding it
I do still have the head lights for sale (plus a lot of things I never posted up) because I haven't bothered with it being colder. Feel free to let me know later

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do still have the head lights for sale (plus a lot of things I never posted up) because I haven't bothered with it being colder. Feel free to let me know later
I was looking for clear side markers for now if you had those, mine are kinda scuffed up

1 - 17 of 17 Posts