Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
delete
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if this is where I can post it but im just curious if anyone else out there has any die cast is300 or altezza? would be kind of cool to see what yall have, there aren't very many out there to begin with and I cant imagine im the only is300 owner who also have the models and toys lol... mainly I just wanted to show off this build that has taken me a while, did anyone else do it yet? id love to see... made a die cast drag is300 of what I hope mine to be like one day... let me know what yall think... moderators please delete if this is inappropriate

used jada 1/24 is300 and nhra pro series 1/24 drag racer

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm dying to find a nice 1:18

·
Registered
78 Posts
not sure if this is where I can post it but im just curious if anyone else out there has any die cast is300 or altezza? would be kind of cool to see what yall have, there aren't very many out there to begin with and I cant imagine im the only is300 owner who also have the models and toys lol... mainly I just wanted to show off this build that has taken me a while, did anyone else do it yet? id love to see... made a die cast drag is300 of what I hope mine to be like one day... let me know what yall think... moderators please delete if this is inappropriate

used jada 1/24 is300 and nhra pro series 1/24 drag racer
Cool! So you did that by yourself out of two different models?

I'm dying to find a nice 1:18
Yes an 1:18 would be awesome to put on a shelf in the garage :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
I found mine off Amazon.

- Ironically enough I was up in Traverse City Michigan last week for work and literally found a 1:36 scale IS300 at a Meijer Grocery Store. (Manistee, MI Actually) - Literally God's Country. Too bad, I never grabbed a pic.

Anyways, here's my 1:36 Scale IS. Sits comfortably on my desk and never sees rain or snow. ;P

Attachments

·
delete
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool! So you did that by yourself out of two different models?

Yes an 1:18 would be awesome to put on a shelf in the garage :)

yes did that myself out of the jada 1/24 is300 and the racing champions pro stock dragster, complete custom job, wish the reals cars were this easy to mod hahahahaha

·
delete
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found mine off Amazon.

- Ironically enough I was up in Traverse City Michigan last week for work and literally found a 1:36 scale IS300 at a Meijer Grocery Store. (Manistee, MI Actually) - Literally God's Country. Too bad, I never grabbed a pic.

Anyways, here's my 1:36 Scale IS. Sits comfortably on my desk and never sees rain or snow. ;P

very nice I have the same one I found at a local drug store also

·
Registered
242 Posts
I found mine off Amazon.

No way with thae same wing i'm gonna install. got to dig toy stores

·
Registered
85 Posts
I found mine off Amazon.

very nice I have the same one I found at a local drug store also
No way LOL! Funny how this thread just popped up on my email feed. I went to CVS last night and I found the same IS300 die cast with the same color. I immediately bought it without hesitation. :) I can post pictures if anyone wants to see. So there's three people with the same die cast model? LOL

·
delete
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No way LOL! Funny how this thread just popped up on my email feed. I went to CVS last night and I found the same IS300 die cast with the same color. I immediately bought it without hesitation. :) I can post pictures if anyone wants to see. So there's three people with the same die cast model? LOL
yes please hahaha, always nice to see whats out there

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
yes please hahaha, always nice to see whats out there
No way!!!!! you got a Model to assemble?? with the glue and paint??? So sick. I guess it is only EUDM or JDM available

·
delete
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No way!!!!! you got a Model to assemble?? with the glue and paint??? So sick. I guess it is only EUDM or JDM available

its funny because the pride and joy of the collection is hidden behind the small 1/64 cars, its a Tamiya TL01 is200 kit still sealed in the shrink wrap, when these came out no one really wanted them, so not many were sold, and few are left that have survived the bashing and crashing, that's my baby right there hahaha

·
delete
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found this at my local grocery store. It sits on my desk and makes me smile. Still love this car after having it for 9+ years...
very nice, I haven't gotten my hands on one of those yet. Autoart makes a 1/18 scale of this particular one you have, one came up for sale on ebay a while back but I wasn't about to pay 500 for it hahahaha, im crazy but not quite there yet :grin::grin::grin:

·
Registered
242 Posts
its funny because the pride and joy of the collection is hidden behind the small 1/64 cars, its a Tamiya TL01 is200 kit still sealed in the shrink wrap, when these came out no one really wanted them, so not many were sold, and few are left that have survived the bashing and crashing, that's my baby right there hahaha
You are telling me that this Tl01 with a Lexan body and all? like the real RCs? I'm jealous man, Keep it forever or sell it to me hahahaha. I gues they never made it to Canada or US RC market

·
delete
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You are telling me that this Tl01 with a Lexan body and all? like the real RCs? I'm jealous man, Keep it forever or sell it to me hahahaha. I gues they never made it to Canada or US RC market
yes definitely, tro google tl01 is200, pretty epic hahaha ill post pics when I can of them

·
delete
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

here are some pics of the tl01 unopened in the box, and one I built and run, I also have to yokomo altezza light bukets, which are probably the holy grail of 1/10 rc altezza or is300/200 hahaha

Attachments

·
delete
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
here are jusr some other rc 1/10 is300/ altezza that I found over the years, the hks one is another grail, they still make the bodies but the decal sheet has been long discontinued

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
6 Participants
b2884987
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing